Repair Shipping Frustration
790 3 2020-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhartfordmaine.rr.com
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced that is having camera issues. After exhaustive troubleshooting efforts, I finally requested a ticket to send it in to DJI for repair. Yesterday I was e-mailed a shipping label from DJI to send it back, but no instructions were included in terms of what to send, what not to send, what info they need in the package, etc. So I went on the DJI website forum and found where someone else asked a similar question and someone from DJI told them that as long as their issue was just camera/gimbal-related (as mine is), NOT to send the remote controller, JUST THE AIRCRAFT without propellers, batteries, etc. So I packed up the aircraft and sent it out first thing this morning. This afternoon I get an email from DJI with instructions- "Please include the RC with the aircraft," "Include proof of purchase," "Put the RA# on two sides of the box," among other requests I knew nothing about. WHY would they send the instructions out almost 24 hours AFTER sending the shipping label??? I've already shipped this thing out without the RC because I went by the info on their website, and then this e-mail shows up. Is this going to be a problem that will prevent them from repairing this? Is it going to delay the repair process? It seems to me the instructions should be sent either WITH the shipping label or BEFORE the label is sent, NOT the next day. Very frustrating, DJI.
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mhartfordmaine.rr.com, we apologize that the send-in instruction was not sent timely, your frustration will be forwarded to the appropriate team for attention. Please don't worry about it, it is fine to send in without the RC as long as the RC is working normally and the repair process will not be delayed because of this. You may only need to re-link the RC and the aircraft when you get it back.
We will send you an email notification of each step during the repair process. If there is any problem with it, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2020-4-30
Use props
mhartfordmaine.rr.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 19:08
Hi mhartfordmaine.rr.com, we apologize that the send-in instruction was not sent timely, your frustration will be forwarded to the appropriate team for attention. Please don't worry about it, it is fine to send in without the RC as long as the RC is working normally and the repair process will not be delayed because of this. You may only need to re-link the RC and the aircraft when you get it back.
We will send you an email notification of each step during the repair process. If there is any problem with it, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you so much for the response, it's really appreciated. I understand mistakes happen. I will wait to hear from DJI about the repair status. Take care.
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mhartfordmaine.rr.com Posted at 5-2 06:54
Thank you so much for the response, it's really appreciated. I understand mistakes happen. I will wait to hear from DJI about the repair status. Take care.

Thanks for your understanding, we hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any assistance, please feel free to keep us posted.
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules