Problem binding command
1220 9 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sinko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306775 ft
Spain

Hello, sorry for my English but I am Spanish and I am using a translator, yesterday I received my new Mavic Mini, I am not a novice since I have had FPV drones but it is my first DJI.

After seeing many tutorials on the internet and reading the instructions, I cannot link the controller to the drone, I have tried it from DJI FLY and physically with the controller and the drone, but there is no way, I get the signal from the camera but it does not rotate The gimbal when I turn the wheel, and the drone engines don't start, the taillight is always flashing red and green.

When I connected it for the first time it was updated well, since in the info. put version 01.00.0500

First it tells me these error codes: 30055 30050 30047 40012 and those of GPS 30007 and 30049, I try the link between the remote and the drone again and then I only get the error 30055 of calibrating IMU and the GPS errors since I am indoors, next I try to calibrate IMU but no matter how long I press to start it does nothing, as if the button to start IMU calibration does not work, and throughout the process the lights keep flashing red and green, and the gimbal and motors still do not work.

I'm already desperate and I don't know what else to do, what can happen? Is it a factory failure or does it have a solution?

Thanks and regards.

2020-5-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Hello and welcome !

Let me just have a small remark: not that it might imply that you are actually going to launch from indoors or that you wouldn't know better but...introducing yourself saying that you've powered up the Mini indoors and tried to start the motors doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

For several reasons I strongly suggest to never power up your drone inside reinforced concrete buildings unless you really know what you're doing and tested the environment. Then let's go on in a timely way: your green/red lights on the Mini tail are blinking at a pace, you should take note about the sequence and refer to Page 12 of the User Manual for the specific error.

Normally motors won't start up inside for low GPS and low light environment unless you dismiss the warning.

Finally, considering the type of errors you're getting:

30049 GPS Module Error. Restart Aircraft
30047 Barometer initialization failed. Restart aircraft
30050 IMU calibration required. Calibrate IMU
40012 Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance
30055 IMU not calibrated. Calibrate IMU

I suggest you leave the battery out of the drone for some minutes, then try power up your Mini outside, clear of any possible magnetic interference, in good light and with plenty of sky above the Mini's head. In case GPS and Barometer errors show up again you should open a ticket with DJI directly. For IMU you should try to calibrate it, if possible.
The gimbal is probably not functioning because the AC fails several self tests as I do not see an error code linked to gimbal faults.
2020-5-1
Use props
sinko
lvl.2
Spain

m80116 Posted at 5-1 01:53
Hello and welcome !

Let me just have a small remark: not that it might imply that you are actually going to launch from indoors or that you wouldn't know better but...introducing yourself saying that you've powered up the Mini indoors and tried to start the motors doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Ok thank you very much for answering so quickly, I will follow your instructions and see if it is solved.

Thanks again and best regards.
2020-5-1
Use props
sinko
lvl.2
Spain

Hello again, I have gone outside and I have followed your instructions but nothing, as much as I have tried it still gives the same errors, the photo and video buttons work, but there is no way that it will take off or respond to the commands, it continues giving the same errors and even though I try to calibrate IMU when pressing start it does nothing and I cannot calibrate.
There is no error code for flashing red-green lights, I have looked at it carefully and it also lights up yellow, but being the sequence very fast you hardly see yellow, the sequence is red-yellow-green, and in the instructions says alternate red-green-yellow = Powering on and performing self-diagnostic tests.
2020-5-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Fails self diagnostics, you should open a ticket with DJI.

I am sorry you're having this bad experience with the Mini... such a lovely thing when it works. And it usually does...very well.
2020-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suggest at this stage do a factory reset in dji assistant and update FW.
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

m80116 Posted at 5-1 08:36
Fails self diagnostics, you should open a ticket with DJI.

I am sorry you're having this bad experience with the Mini... such a lovely thing when it works. And it usually does...very well.

Hi my friend,
How you know the self diagnostics Failed ?
Just for my understanding.

2020-5-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Let's assume the red-green-yellow sequence has been correctly identified by the user as diagnostic self test failure from the User manual.

Considering the errors he's getting and the time almost universally required for the self tests to complete at power on I think it's a very safe assumption stating the unit fails its power on self tests.
I suspect both barometer and GPS errors are generated during the power-on self tests, and both should be able to prevent the drone from flying completely.
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

m80116 Posted at 5-1 10:08
Let's assume the red-green-yellow sequence has been correctly identified by the user as diagnostic self test failure from the User manual.

Considering the errors he's getting and the time almost universally required for the self tests to complete at power on I think it's a very safe assumption stating the unit fails its power on self tests.

Very sorry, I mist the firs post. My Bad, sorry again.

Cheers !
2020-5-1
Use props
sinko
lvl.2
Spain

With DJI Asisstant I have reset the controller and the drone to version 0400 and I have tried again but nothing, it remains the same with the same errors and the same light code, I try to link controller and drone and it seems that it does, but it immediately returns to tell me to reconnect to the aircraft, and there's no way for them to bond. I think the problem that it doesn't let me calibrate IMU is precisely because they are not linked.
I have updated to version 0500 with DJI Fly and nothing, I have returned to version 0400 and I have updated with DJI Assistant and we continue the same, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the help.
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules