Transmission issue
426 4 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_C5n1pA0b0N2j
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

I have had my mavic mini about two weeks now and I am only able to get about 300-400 meters out before I lose transmission.  That is very disappointing.  I am thinking maybe I have a bad unit and need to return it?  I am in a neighborhood inbetween houses so maybe thats it.. but still?  I bought those range extenders on amazon and they did absolutely nothing.. what do ya think?
2020-5-1
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

First, don't buy those range extenders on Amazon. Are you using the EU version (not North America) or the FCC version (North America)? The EU versions are significantly weaker with signal strength because of regulations. I use the FCC version and I can get 600 - 700m from the backyard. That is flying at 200 feet and moving around the yard trying to get a clear shot to the drone. It is pretty hard in my backyard to do that. And neighborhoods are notorious for interference, Your numbers don't actually worry me.

In the park down the street, which gives me an open view all around. When I fly at 400 feet, I have went 2km so far. The field itself is only a couple hundred meters, but at 400 feet, the drone could be 3km away without a tree or building getting between me and it.
2020-5-1
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
United States

Deucalion Posted at 5-1 11:37
First, don't buy those range extenders on Amazon. Are you using the EU version (not North America) or the FCC version (North America)? The EU versions are significantly weaker with signal strength because of regulations. I use the FCC version and I can get 600 - 700m from the backyard. That is flying at 200 feet and moving around the yard trying to get a clear shot to the drone. It is pretty hard in my backyard to do that. And neighborhoods are notorious for interference, Your numbers don't actually worry me.

In the park down the street, which gives me an open view all around. When I fly at 400 feet, I have went 2km so far. The field itself is only a couple hundred meters, but at 400 feet, the drone could be 3km away without a tree or building getting between me and it.

Thanks for the reply.  I am in the US.  The amazon thing is going back.  I do get a lot of interference but I would hope to at least go a km or so.
2020-5-1
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

SjK_oldman Posted at 5-1 11:39
Thanks for the reply.  I am in the US.  The amazon thing is going back.  I do get a lot of interference but I would hope to at least go a km or so.

That is going to be hard from a backyard, and if you are getting interference, you are lucky with what you are getting. Do you have a good view to the where the drone is from the backyard? I have houses and trees all around. Some people switch to manual channel switching, but I haven't done so.
2020-5-1
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
United States

Deucalion Posted at 5-1 11:46
That is going to be hard from a backyard, and if you are getting interference, you are lucky with what you are getting. Do you have a good view to the where the drone is from the backyard? I have houses and trees all around. Some people switch to manual channel switching, but I haven't done so.

I tried switching to manual channels usually with a worse result
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules