Fly Away!
1337 18 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352188 ft
United Kingdom

OK so two days ago I put the drone up and did a few pano shots. The drone then disconnected from the controller and has since disappeared in the time it took me to look down at the controller, check the app and back up to the drone to see it had disappeared from view.
My gut instinct is a bird strike and its in the trees around the area, the flight record shows it up for around 3 mins before disconnecting and thats it. Nada. Nothing. No sounds from it, no beeping, sod all. The RTH was set as I do this every flight "just in case" and the one time I needed it to RTH on auto, it failed!

So angry.

2020-5-2
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds as if its in the trees then. I assume you used find my drone?
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MKJD, we are so sorry for your loss, what is the model of your drone and is it still under warranty period? If yes and you believe the accident has nothing to do with the pilot error, it is recommended to contact DJI customer support www.dji.com/support in working hours to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened and provide the corresponding resolution.
2020-5-3
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 5-2 09:50
Sounds as if its in the trees then. I assume you used find my drone?

I did but nothing.

The flight record shows it’s last location above my house (I live next to green space) and it’s got a lot of greenery (trees/hedges etc).

No connection at all.

I doubt it’s under warranty either as it was bought from CEX as new (no signs of any use at all!).

It’s nothing I’ve not done before and I’ve even flown a fair bit with it. But it decided to disconnect, RTH failed even though it was above me, and it simply disappeared as I tried to reconnect.
2020-5-3
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-3 01:25
Hi MKJD, we are so sorry for your loss, what is the model of your drone and it is still under warranty period? If yes and you believe the accident has nothing to do with pilot error, it is recommended to contact DJI customer support www.dji.com/support in working hours to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened and provide the corresponding resolution.

I’ve emailed the support team but as it’s likely not under warranty, it looks like they may fob me off....

2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

MKJD Posted at 5-3 06:06
I did but nothing.

The flight record shows it’s last location above my house (I live next to green space) and it’s got a lot of greenery (trees/hedges etc).

Thats unfortunate. I'd still open a ticket and see what DJI will say. Nothing to lose.
2020-5-3
Use props
Elfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151716 ft
United Kingdom

what drone was it buddy?
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MKJD Posted at 5-3 06:09
I’ve emailed the support team but as it’s likely not under warranty, it looks like they may fob me off....

I see the email has not been replied to, may we have the SN of your drone so that we could help check the warranty period?
2020-5-4
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 02:20
I see the email has not been replied to, may we have the SN of your drone so that we could help check the warranty period?

Without having the drone here, how can I get the SN?
2020-5-4
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 02:20

@DJIMindy

I think the serial number is on the box, who do I send this to?
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MKJD Posted at 5-4 05:10
@DJIMindy

I think the serial number is on the box, who do I send this to?

You could PM and send the serial number to our support via email.
2020-5-4
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Elfman Posted at 5-3 11:22
what drone was it buddy?

Was a Mavic Pro buddy.

Was directly above me doing a photo of a sunset and the controller vibrated, looked down and the phone had shown disconnected and the controller said connecting and I look up and the drone had gone.

Nothing right about that at all.
2020-5-9
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 20:13
You could PM and send the serial number to our support via email.

Hi Mindy

I’ve responded to the support email a few days ago but they haven’t been back in touch.
2020-5-9
Use props
Elfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MKJD Posted at 5-9 03:12
Was a Mavic Pro buddy.

Was directly above me doing a photo of a sunset and the controller vibrated, looked down and the phone had shown disconnected and the controller said connecting and I look up and the drone had gone.

thats not good or cheap wow. silly question did you have RTB set somewhere else as it may just have gone home as it were?
2020-5-9
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Elfman Posted at 5-9 04:25
thats not good or cheap wow. silly question did you have RTB set somewhere else as it may just have gone home as it were?

I set RTH every time before take off as I was (and rightly so) scared of losing it!

It is set each time as a matter of flight checks.
2020-5-9
Use props
Elfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MKJD Posted at 5-9 07:22
I set RTH every time before take off as I was (and rightly so) scared of losing it!

It is set each time as a matter of flight checks.

yes i know it does i was just wondering just incase it tripped up hhmm. contact dji through there chat now online and ask them as they maybe able to trace it through the serial number and find out where it was last.
2020-5-9
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@DJI

WILL YOU REPLY TO MY EMAILS PLEASE!

2020-5-26
Use props
Stefan078
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9669 ft
Belgium

MKJD Posted at 5-26 10:13
@DJI

WILL YOU REPLY TO MY EMAILS PLEASE!

Hi MKJD,

I was curious if you have received an answer meanwhile?

I too have faced serious issues with DJI replying, and if I did get an answer, it was basically nothing but an apology, without any actual answers.
I then finally decided to post my experience in this forum (under the repairs topics)

Once the admins of this forum escalated my case to their "escalation-team", things started moving, and I started getting "real"replies.

I would at least try to send DJI all data - as you have nothing to loose.

keeping my fingers crossed for you.

B rgds,
Stefan
2020-5-30
Use props
MKJD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@DJI

Thank you for getting back to me and of course taking the time to help.

I received notification today of positive news and as such, I am beyond words of thanks.

You guys rock!
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules