Mavic Pro remote connection error
2968 7 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ Jensen
lvl.1

United States

My MV PRO connects to the remote controller but controller shows connection error and will not link to my phone/tablet device. I already uninstalled the DJI 4 app. It used to work. I have no access to the camera on my phone device.
Any advice? Of course the service center is closed.
thanks.
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DJ Jensen, we regret the difficulties with the RC, may we verify whether the RC connected to the aircraft? What is the color of the aircraft indicator? What is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried the USB port at the bottom of the RC? Could you please also post a screenshot of the error message here?
2020-5-2
Use props
DJ Jensen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-2 20:18
Hi DJ Jensen, we regret the difficulties with the RC, may we verify whether the RC connected to the aircraft? What is the color of the aircraft indicator? What is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried the USB port at the bottom of the RC? Could you please also post a screenshot of the error message here?

2020-5-4
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar issue with my Mavic Pro and it turned out to be a bad port on the side of the controller. Try connecting your phone to the other USB port on the bottom of the controller. This isn't my image but it shows where to connect your phone to. If that works then the either have a bad side cable or the side port is bad.

2020-5-4
Use props
DJ Jensen
lvl.1

United States

The RC control model is a GL200A. The drone lights green and I can control the up/down camera gimble with the remote control. With drone on and controller on, connect the phone with DJI 4 open, the indication shows scrolling "Remote controller connection error" twice then indicates "disconnected". No camera video shown on the phone app. Also tried the USB port on controller to another tablet device I was using and it has the exact indication.
thanks,
2020-5-4
Use props
DJ Jensen
lvl.1

United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 5-4 10:36
I had a similar issue with my Mavic Pro and it turned out to be a bad port on the side of the controller. Try connecting your phone to the other USB port on the bottom of the controller. This isn't my image but it shows where to connect your phone to. If that works then the either have a bad side cable or the side port is bad.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply. That is a good troubleshooting step. I did try that but will give it another try anyhow.
2020-5-4
Use props
DJ Jensen
lvl.1

United States

I finally got through to DJI tech support and found that their software updates obsoleted my devices. I tried the DJI 4 app on my newer company phone and it works. So my personal phone and 5 year old Samsung tablet are obsolete. After spending $1k on the drone, they obsoleted my devices that used to work. How's that for China is it? REDICULIOUS.
There has to be better drone products out there.
2020-5-4
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

I used to have Phantom 3 Pro and I had the same issue with it. In my opinion DJI does this on purpose to force people to buy new drones. I have sent my P3P to a DJI Recommended Service and they told me that they have tried anything that they can do but they couldn't fix it.
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules