Very frustrated with repair
674 7 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

I crashed my spark and sent the unit it for repair.  All I got was an invoice emailed to me.  When I required about the repair and what was being fixed, I got a copy of a screen shot and a picture of a chip on the side.  
I informed DJI that I just want it to function and that I dont care about cosmetics.  If the chip in the body is strictly cosmetic, then dont fix it.  Again, I received another of their "kindly" invoices, again, with no explaination.  I dont want "kindly" or "yes, indeedy", I just want an answer as to what I am to expect in repairs!
This is so ridiculously frustrating!
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jsmith2141, we sincerely apologize to know the quotation email about what parts need to be repaired was not sent, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate team to see whether there is a system error or something else. The bill reminder email was sent by the system automatically, for the details of the damage assessment, you may check under My Case or Repair Progress Inquiry by inputting your case number https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... dsite&from=nav.
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

I have tried that.  I want to know if the chip in the axis is just cosmetic or if it affects the operation of the unit.  Nobody will tell me.  All I get are replies in very poor English.  I dont want a cosmetic repair.  I only want the unit to function.
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

This is my case number CAS-4134363-G7W3Z2
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jsmith2141 Posted at 5-2 20:07
This is my case number CAS-4134363-G7W3Z2

I was able to get the case number via your Forum account, Per the damage assessment team, the forward vision error is being caused by a bad 3D sensor, the Air Encoder error is caused by a damaged Mainboard and the Camera Sensor error is being caused by a damaged Coaxial Cable. The Mid frame needs to be replaced due to a stress crack behind the M2 arm.
Your requirement of only function repair will be transferred to the team to review, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, please wait patiently.
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

Why did it take 6 phone calls and countless emails to just now find this out?  I am not happy with DJI and will be putting my complaints on all professional boards.  The Spark has been a terrible purchase from the start.  It flies off randomly, disconnects with GPS, and now this repair fiasco.  Everyone I know uses a DJI product in my industry and many have problems with service, starting with terrible manuals.  
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

And another thing:  Should I pay and not just tell you to trash the junk, how long until I get it back?  I can buy a non-DJI product on Amazon and have it here in a week.  Nobody gives straight answers.  Hopefully, some day, Americans will realize we need to make things here
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jsmith2141 Posted at 5-2 20:34
And another thing:  Should I pay and not just tell you to trash the junk, how long until I get it back?  I can buy a non-DJI product on Amazon and have it here in a week.  Nobody gives straight answers.  Hopefully, some day, Americans will realize we need to make things here

We are sorry again for the unpleasant experience with Spark and customer service, rest assured we will transfer your frustration to the management department for attention and we will keep improving our customer service.
We are still investigating why you didn't receive the quotation with the item list, you could choose to wait a moment for the quotation details or pay directly or request to return without repair, all options are on you. We recommend waiting a moment for the quotation details. Our supervisor will contact you after making it clear. Thanks for your understanding.
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules