Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

I want to downgrade firmware.

Two questions:
1. DJI assistant can do downgrade of the drone.

2. What about battery firmware? Controller firmware?
3. I do not want to upgrade, ever. Is it possible?

Thank you and safe flying !

2020-5-3
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Yes, you downgrade with the DJI Assistant 2.

You have to downgrade with all bateries and the controller.

Sometimes the app can block your take off if the updates aren't made. From what I have seen with FW 0.0300 and .0400 I could update or downgrade and still be able to fly the MM. I have updated to FW .0500 and I do not have the intent to downgrade.FW .0500 has some features I was looking for and isn't the error that appear sometimes now that will make me downgrade the FW. This error was added by this FW to try to prevent uncommanded descents. Downgrade the FW will make the error go away but that doesn't mean that the MM will be safe from an uncommanded descent. Just you don't have a warning until it falls from the sky, the root cause isn't eliminated by downgrading just the warning will be eliminated.
2020-5-3
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Thank you.

My main reason to downgrade is I do not like maneuverability in latest firmware.
I do like new features,but honestly, they do not count as much as I thought. I liked previous firmware more, because the way it flew in P and S mode.

Will test and report
2020-5-3
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Skrajnik Posted at 5-3 14:38
Thank you.

My main reason to downgrade is I do not like maneuverability in latest firmware.

Understood. I bought the MM as a camera drone so the updates are a must. Usually I fly in C mode or eventually P. I don't use S mode unless I am testing something, like today when I went to test FW .0500.
2020-5-3
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Keep in mind that the firmware versions aren't available forever. Usually just two. So when 0.0600 comes out, you will only have the choice between 0.0600 and 0.0500, which isn't a problem unless you need to refresh.
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules