DJI Fly (and MIMO) : Android vs IOS video formats : need your help !
2403 1 2020-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SN47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
United States

Hey,

I open this new thread because I have found few information spreaded to many other threads and I am not sure about what I am looking for.

My situation is quite simple, the same than many of you I guess : I use Android phone and tablet (wouu, bad guy ^^).
I own a Mavic Mini and an Osmo Mobile 3, using my tablet with the first one and my phone for the second one.

One thing that reaaaaally upset me with DJI Fly is being able to shoot wonderful fluid videos with my Mini in 1080p 60fps and having to edit/build them into DJI Fly editor (which seems to be just an integrated version of DJI MIMO) by exporting 1080p 30fps output videos ... :/ It sounds just like a joke from DJI, but it doesn't make me laugh at all.

I was thinking about changing my tablet that is quite old and for the first time of my life, even if I am not found of Apple and because I like DJI products, I was thinking about buying an iPad at least for my Mini's videos editing.
The only condition would be to be able to benefit of better exporting options, because I think I have read somewhere Apple products offer more settings.

So here is my question : is there any Apple phones/tablets owners who could confirm me what can be done here ?

DJI Fly
  • Android devices :
    -> up to 1080p 60fps / 2.7K 30fps recording (with Mavic Mini, I know Mavic Air 2 have many other resolutions)
    -> only1080p / 2.7K 30fps max exporting videos
  • IOS devices :
    -> up to ???p ??fps recording
    -> ???p ??fps exporting videos

DJI MIMO
  • Android devices :
    -> up to 1080p/720p 30fps recording only (even with a 4k 30/60fps capable phone ...)
    -> only 1080p/720p 30fps exporting videos (logic regarding the option for filming)
  • IOS devices :
    -> up to ???p ??fps recording
    -> ???p ??fps exporting videos

My main concern is being able to export 60fps videos in both cases, because I often shooting sport scenes and equivalent, and 30fps is definitly too laggy.
So if an IOS version of DJI Fly on an iPad is able to export 60 fps videos, I think I will buy an apple.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks !
2020-5-4
Use props
SN47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
France

Hey, a small "up" here ?
I cannot believe that nobody is using DJI Apps with Apple devices, isn't it ? ^^
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules