GPS Data Error
2027 3 2020-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronopendola
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14701 ft
United States

I have a P4P that is experienceing intermittent loss of GPS signal mid-flight.  I get some of the following messages:

"Satellite Positioning Off, Fly with Caution"
"GPS Data Error. Contact DJI Support"
"Compass Error"
"Abnormal Compass Function or GPS Signal Detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode"

Sometimes everything works great and other times I am unable to complete missions and need to make emergency landings.  Once I turn the drone off, it doesn't prompt me to recalibrate the compass.  During flight it seems to toggle between atti and GPS mode without my input. What is the issue and how can I resolve it ASAP??

Firmware, etc. is up to date

Thanks
2020-5-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would do a nice clean compass calibration in a place where you know there is no ferrous metals or magnetic interference anywhere nearby including on yourself.  Then launch cautiously from that spot and give it a low close test flight and see if your flight system hasn't significantly improved.  Good luck.
2020-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your issue has nothing to do with the compass and everything to do with a faulty GPS unit.
2020-5-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

My V1 started doing similar strange things as you stated.......I ended up replacing both compass'   Solved all the issues......apparently the compass' are a consumable.....Bought in Dec 2017, and replaced compass' late 2019....

Randy
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules