Spark versus Mavic Mini for casual use.
833 6 2020-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quemlar
lvl.1

Ireland

Hello Folks,

I would like some advice. I have  the option of buying a Spark for 500 euro with 3 batteries and these extras.

Controller, Extra Portable Charging Station,  Car Adapter, 2 Spare Blades, Blade Protector, OTG Cable with USB Type C Connection, Extended Landing Tripod Skids, carry case.

I don't need professional super duper latest spec video quaility as this will be for having some outdoor fun with my 6 year old son. I would like follow me as we like to go cyclig and obstacle avoidance which the Mavic Mini doesn't have.

So in a nutshell do you think this is a good deal. 500 euro is ideal for my budget so for my needs is the Spark a better option versus the Mavic Mini? I've also seen the Mavic Mini 2 but I can't justify the cost. I realise the flight time of the Mavic Mini is better and the video quaility is better and is foldable but as I have already said this won't be for professional use.

I welcome comments from seasoned users.

Thanks,
Chris.

2020-5-4
Use props
Joakitous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293438 ft
Argentina

Hard question! But i think you can get the mini for that money
2020-5-5
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Chris,

500 Euros for the Spark Fly More Combo is a bit steep...the Spark seems to be no longer offered by DJI.
Otherwise, it is a great little machine and has everything the occasional drone flyer needs.
I have flown the Mavic Mini too. Also a great little bird, longer flight time, and below 250 grams, which can come in handy with the new EASA rules in Europe. I /think/ the Mavic Mini does not have a Follow Me mode.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-5-6
Use props
quemlar
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks for the replies. I have purchased a used Mavic Air Fly More for similar price and looking forward to it.
2020-5-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

quemlar Posted at 5-6 00:29
Thanks for the replies. I have purchased a used Mavic Air Fly More for similar price and looking forward to it.

That's the better bird.
2020-5-7
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

Mavic Mini all the way unless you can find a steal on the Spark. BTW obstacle avoidance doesn't help much with the Spark. I've turned mine off to increase maximum speed without the gimbal switching to FPV mode.
2020-5-8
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

The only thing I see for the Spark advantage is the follow me feature. I have a Spark and now just bought a Mavic Mini, because it's 249g, so I can fly it anywhere, pretty much. It also have a better gimbal and camera quality so the video footage when panning is not as jurky as in the Spark.  The flight time on the Spark is ridiculous, but it is great in the Mini. With the Spark, I need to plan my shots very carefully before I do it because there is no time to waste. With the Mini I will have plenty time to explore. I might just sell my Spark, not sure what use it's going to have once I receive my Mini (should be in 2 days).
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules