Mavic Air 2 Case
1746 16 2020-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf227227
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169833 ft
United States

Anyone find a good Mavic Air 2 case yet? Other than the case with the fly more combo, I haven't been able to find other aftermarket ones yet. I guess it's too early and there will be plenty soon.
2020-5-5
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-mavair2.html
2020-5-5
Use props
cjphil2
lvl.2
United States

I stumbled across this today from a twitter search. Still seems a lot of other case makers on amazon don’t have anything for the air 2 yet.
2020-5-5
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

DenisJ Posted at 5-5 07:46

Great looking case.  

I'll probably wait to see what the Amazon market pricing shakes out to be.  Prior Mavic hard sided, waterproof, dustproof cases of similar type are $40 to $169.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mavic+drone+case&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
2020-5-7
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

Also Pgytech is taking preorders for their safety case, which also looks good.
2020-5-7
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
United States

DenisJ Posted at 5-7 09:42
Also Pgytech is taking preorders for their safety case, which also looks good.

Just about the same price...so  there's that...Pgytech might be a bit tougher?
https://www.pgytech.com/collections/for-mavic-air-2/products/mavic-air-2-safety-case

• Pygtech has metal grommets on the lock area.
  • Both say waterproof, but Pgytech states 1M under water.
  • Both have pressure equalization valves.
  • Pgytech:  The Mavic Air 2 comfortably fits the following accessories: remote controller ( DJI Smart Controller ), Intelligent Flight Battery*3 ( including the drone's inner battery ), power adapter, battery charging hub, cables, battery-to-power bank adapter, filter, spare propellers.  It is also designed with customizable compartments.
  • GPC:  1 DJI Mavic Air 2, 1 Controller, 4 Batteries (including 1 attached), 2 DJI ND Filter Cases (Under Drone), 1 Charging Hub, 1 Charger, Cables, 1 GPC LensPen, 1 GPC Micro, SD Card Holder, Spare Props

I think I'm leaning toward the Pgytech unit...as I don't see a need for a 4th battery at this time, anyone else have any thoughts?  
2020-5-7
Use props
GoombaTip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116539 ft
United States

i am leaning towards the GoProfessional case, as I ordered a 4th battery with my fly more combo. I only did this because I regretted not having a 4th battery last year with my Mavic mini fly more.  I do not know if the controller will have enough juice for 4 full flights though, I bet that is pushing it. I also like the blue interior color better than red. However, I may end up just using the case that comes with the fly more combo, if my 4th battery fits in it lol.
2020-5-7
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

GoombaTip Posted at 5-7 15:41
i am leaning towards the GoProfessional case, as I ordered a 4th battery with my fly more combo. I only did this because I regretted not having a 4th battery last year with my Mavic mini fly more.  I do not know if the controller will have enough juice for 4 full flights though, I bet that is pushing it. I also like the blue interior color better than red. However, I may end up just using the case that comes with the fly more combo, if my 4th battery fits in it lol.

I had to charge my minis controller once in the 30 flights I did with it.  This one should last even longer given its battery size which is I think about double the mini controller.  I think they said something like 240hr of battery time?
2020-5-8
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

GoombaTip Posted at 5-7 15:41
i am leaning towards the GoProfessional case, as I ordered a 4th battery with my fly more combo. I only did this because I regretted not having a 4th battery last year with my Mavic mini fly more.  I do not know if the controller will have enough juice for 4 full flights though, I bet that is pushing it. I also like the blue interior color better than red. However, I may end up just using the case that comes with the fly more combo, if my 4th battery fits in it lol.

the controller should have enough power for 6 batteries (it's rated for 4 hours)
2020-5-8
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Skraeling Posted at 5-8 05:13
I had to charge my minis controller once in the 30 flights I did with it.  This one should last even longer given its battery size which is I think about double the mini controller.  I think they said something like 240hr of battery time?

those must have been very short flights
2020-5-8
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 5-8 05:36
those must have been very short flights

not every one of them was a full one, but still only charged it once.  Ill go through all three batterys and not have to charge it so... not sure what to tell ya.
2020-5-8
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Skraeling Posted at 5-8 05:38
not every one of them was a full one, but still only charged it once.  Ill go through all three batterys and not have to charge it so... not sure what to tell ya.

sure, I agree with that, I'm also impressed with my Mini's controller battery and I think I can quite comfortably go through all the batteries and maybe even through 5 of them. But 30 flights is quite a long stretch, we're talking almost 8 hours if talking about 15 minutes/flight
2020-5-8
Use props
fans9d428f27
lvl.2
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 5-7 11:00
Just about the same price...so  there's that...Pgytech might be a bit tougher?
https://www.pgytech.com/collections/for-mavic-air-2/products/mavic-air-2-safety-case

Yeah the GoProfessional Case is definitely a stout hard case but I too am keeping an eye on the Amazon cases in the $40-60 range. There are some great Mavic Pro cases there so just waiting for them to bring them out for MA2.
2020-5-8
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those are good for storage of MA2, but I am looking for something that I can put my MA2 in while hiking without hulling the case around.
2020-5-8
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 5-8 09:56
Those are good for storage of MA2, but I am looking for something that I can put my MA2 in while hiking without hulling the case around.

Did you get the fly more combo?  If so, you'll have a shoulder bag to try out.  I also want a hard sided case (at some point) for winter, ice fishing, kayaking, etc.  
2020-5-8
Use props
GoombaTip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116539 ft
United States

I had to charge my minis controller once in the 30 flights I did with it.  This one should last even longer given its battery size which is I think about double the mini controller.  I think they said something like 240hr of battery time?

Yeah shortly after I posted, I saw where the MA2 controller has 2 internal batteries and insane fight time. Definitely glad I got a 4th battery now. And it has the option to disable phone charging which (at least I think) the mavic mini does not. So even longer with that disabled.
2020-5-8
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

240 Minutes, not hours.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules