2611 17 2020-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zip007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 546302 ft
Croatia

hey everyone
I bought a new drone MAVIC MINI and my flight time is far away than 30 minutes. I get max.18 minutes of flight while drone just floats in the air. If I fly with him I get 15 min or less. Why? I bought mini in combo set and I have 3 battery. With each battery I get a similar flight time. Batteries has been charged 2 or 3 times only, so they are brand new.
2020-5-5
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

How much % do you land with? Otherwise post the log here...
2020-5-5
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

The duration of the flight depends on the weather conditions (temperature, wind), height above sea level and the flight mode used.
By keeping the charge above 20% you never get to 30 minutes.
2020-5-5
Use props
zip007
lvl.1
Croatia

OK i will post log later. I have test  flight time in my apartment and there are perfect weather contition, no wind and temperature was 23C. I have land with 3% of battery and get few seconds less than 18min of flight. In that flight he hovered in air, I didn't fly with him.
2020-5-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

zip007 Posted at 5-5 23:01
OK i will post log later. I have test  flight time in my apartment and there are perfect weather contition, no wind and temperature was 23C. I have land with 3% of battery and get few seconds less than 18min of flight. In that flight he hovered in air, I didn't fly with him.

New battery needs to run a few cycles (charge->discharge->charge) for optimal performance. Fresh charge before the flight (and half-charge storing) helps too. I usually fly 22-25 minutes, landing at 10-15%...

2020-5-5
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems awfully low.
2020-5-6
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Did you install other accessories like landing gear, prop cage, lens hood, motor caps? I noticed when I fully kit out my MM for testing (yes, crash prone tests), it flies about 15 mins.
2020-5-6
Use props
zip007
lvl.1
Croatia

Yes. There was propeller cage install on MM. After I remove him i get almost 25 min of flight outside. Thx. This is my first drone. Please one more question. As there is short range of 5.8 connection, I manually swith to 2.4 and pick the best green stable transmission and then this best stable transmission immediately become unstable and red. Why? After a 5 min of picking, one of green network remains green and now i am able to fly. How to prevent this?
2020-5-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Did you update the batteries to the most recent firmware?
2020-5-7
Use props
zip007
lvl.1
Croatia

Yes battery and all is updated
2020-5-7
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

zip007 Posted at 5-7 11:51
Yes. There was propeller cage install on MM. After I remove him i get almost 25 min of flight outside. Thx. This is my first drone. Please one more question. As there is short range of 5.8 connection, I manually swith to 2.4 and pick the best green stable transmission and then this best stable transmission immediately become unstable and red. Why? After a 5 min of picking, one of green network remains green and now i am able to fly. How to prevent this?

I often notice that too, but apparently it doesn't mean anything. I also have this change in the green / red bars if there are no transmission towers or houses (WLANs) far and wide.
I always fly 2.4GHz channel 9 manually
2020-5-7
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With prop guards it adds extra weight and the drone has to work harder to maintain flight in payload mode. Without the prop guards flight time is increased.
2020-5-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

With prop guards you shouldn't probably even fly outside unless almost at arms length. The danger of flying with such a burden I imagine being hidden from you.
2020-5-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The prop guards are of very minimal weight (maybe 25 grams). But they do cause drag on the drone and do reduce the efficiency of the props due to the air friction. Better to leave them off when outside.
2020-5-7
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 5-5 23:32
New battery needs to run a few cycles (charge->discharge->charge) for optimal performance. Fresh charge before the flight (and half-charge storing) helps too. I usually fly 22-25 minutes, landing at 10-15%...

[view_image]

How do you get this screen shot?
2020-5-8
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Thalisbl Posted at 5-8 09:31
How do you get this screen shot?
For Android device long press on/off button and you have option turn off/restart/screenshot...
2020-5-8
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 5-8 10:45
For Android device long press on/off button and you have option turn off/restart/screenshot...

Thank you :-)
2020-5-9
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

zip007 Posted at 5-7 11:51
Yes. There was propeller cage install on MM. After I remove him i get almost 25 min of flight outside. Thx. This is my first drone. Please one more question. As there is short range of 5.8 connection, I manually swith to 2.4 and pick the best green stable transmission and then this best stable transmission immediately become unstable and red. Why? After a 5 min of picking, one of green network remains green and now i am able to fly. How to prevent this?

That is why.
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules