UV/CPL Filter?
528 4 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefK
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Everyone,
As all of us anxiously waiting for our new MA2 to ship, are you looking at any extra filters? I have been browsing the net and came across PGYTECH UV filter as well as their CPL filter. Anyone jump on those? are they worth it? Looking for opinions, PS. I had purchased the Fly more kit. TIA!
2020-5-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Air 2 camera already has a UV filter.
Polariser filters are more trouble than they are worth on a drone.
You have to align them relative to the sun for them to work properly.
If you turn the drone to face another direction, the filter is not aligned properly, it's not polarising properly and your sky looks wrong.
2020-5-6
Use props
StefK
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 5-6 06:43
Polariser filters are more trouble than they are worth on a drone.

Thank for the quick response and info!
2020-5-6
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

I'm getting the fly more combo...never had filters for my Spark, but they come in the package:  ND Filters Set (ND16/64/256)
2020-5-6
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2020-5-6 06:43
Polariser filters are more trouble than they are worth on a drone.

I bought a CPL filter, and I was wondering how to adjust it for sun angle?  Mine has a rotating bezel but no markings that designate the angle or polarization direction it is turning to?  If I wanted to take a stationary aerial photo of a water area or wet ground and remove the glare, I could probably do some math to determine the angle would be shooting at and and the polarization angle I would need, but with no markings on the CPL filter I would not know if it was right on not for what I was trying to accomplish.  I bought the PGYTECH Lens Filter (CPL), as I like shooting near dams on the upper Mississippi river in the USA.  I would say save your money.   
2021-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules