DJI FPV Range problem
8239 13 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI FPV 5"
lvl.1

United States

After flying half a mile on any channel the remote gets red. It is so dissapointing. Any suggestions ? Thank you
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_qIUaWYLudcF5
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same on already 150m. Doesn't matter if 25mW or 700mW are selected..
2020-5-18
Use props
DJI FPV 5quot
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_qIUaWYLudcF5 Posted at 5-18 06:00
I have the same on already 150m. Doesn't matter if 25mW or 700mW are selected..

So do you consider that normal ??
2020-5-18
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Are you flying in wide open space or behind hills and trees? If you fly behind things your signal will drop.  

If not, check your air unit antenna mmcx connections.  Also, make sure the antennas are 40mm apart.  Also, get the 1200mw hack.
2020-5-18
Use props
DJI FPV 5quot
lvl.1

United States

mc54 Posted at 5-18 08:21
Are you flying in wide open space or behind hills and trees? If you fly behind things your signal will drop.  

If not, check your air unit antenna mmcx connections.  Also, make sure the antennas are 40mm apart.  Also, get the 1200mw hack.

I am flying in golf courses where there are some big and small trees. I still feel it shouldnt get red in that short range since in some videos they show it is pretty long distance.  

https://youtu.be/zNkpGIZc8qs
2020-5-18
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

It's all relative. I've failsafed behind a dirt hill at less than 1000 feet, but I've also flown out to 3 miles with completely clear line of sight.  This system is the same as an analog one....it needs a clear line of sight for top performance.  But to improve it, I would suggest some TrueRC XAir antennas on your goggles and some Lumenier  AXII 2 antennas on the air unit.
2020-5-18
Use props
DJI FPV 5quot
lvl.1

United States

mc54 Posted at 5-18 10:50
It's all relative. I've failsafed behind a dirt hill at less than 1000 feet, but I've also flown out to 3 miles with completely clear line of sight.  This system is the same as an analog one....it needs a clear line of sight for top performance.  But to improve it, I would suggest some TrueRC XAir antennas on your goggles and some Lumenier  AXII 2 antennas on the air unit.

Thanks for the advice!
2020-5-18
Use props
murphy333
lvl.1

Germany

DJI FPV 5quot Posted at 5-18 07:11
So do you consider that normal ??

No! Def not!

I have no objects in the way, the antennas are correctly setted up. I guess my air unit is faulty, since there are people flying further with 25mW than I do with 1200mW. Have tried everything I could find online. Also turned off the "temp-control" setting (which only enables higher mWs (>25mW) when armed and proper temperature of the AirUnit).

Even after 50m my signal drops below 7mpbs.

Lets see how many weeks the support needs to fix my issue..
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI FPV 5quot
lvl.1

United States

murphy333 Posted at 5-20 01:25
No! Def not!

I have no objects in the way, the antennas are correctly setted up. I guess my air unit is faulty, since there are people flying further with 25mW than I do with 1200mW. Have tried everything I could find online. Also turned off the "temp-control" setting (which only enables higher mWs (>25mW) when armed and proper temperature of the AirUnit).

Please follow up with us with your experience further. I may need to send my air unit as well.
2020-5-20
Use props
murphy333
lvl.1

Germany

DJI FPV 5quot Posted at 5-20 07:07
Please follow up with us with your experience further. I may need to send my air unit as well.

The support anwsered me finally. But a few hours before that I figured out that one of my antennas was broken. I replaced it and I have no issues anymore. Its also not heating up so extremely!

So if everything looks fine, try to simply replace the antennas. They might be broken. In my case it was an extension and I might have killed it while trying to make it fit to my 3d-printed parts. They seem to be super fragile
I didn't even see that the antenna was broken. It was well isolated
2020-5-25
Use props
mcc016
lvl.2
China

murphy333 Posted at 5-25 08:32
The support anwsered me finally. But a few hours before that I figured out that one of my antennas was broken. I replaced it and I have no issues anymore. Its also not heating up so extremely!

So if everything looks fine, try to simply replace the antennas. They might be broken. In my case it was an extension and I might have killed it while trying to make it fit to my 3d-printed parts. They seem to be super fragile

I also have range issue. it gets into focus mode within 50meters and completely lost signal on both remote and goggle within 60-70meters. I read some posts and as you mentioned, most of them suggesting about the antenna, so I decided to buy the recommended frame with 3D print antenna holder and also a new air Unit. I make sure no antenna issue on both drones, however, both are the same. no matter what channel I'm using or any max power (25mV or 700mV) or even if I fly in a field without a single tree, the range is less than 70 meters. so sad now
2020-6-22
Use props
fans18992d4c
lvl.2
China

mcc016 Posted at 6-22 07:01
I also have range issue. it gets into focus mode within 50meters and completely lost signal on both remote and goggle within 60-70meters. I read some posts and as you mentioned, most of them suggesting about the antenna, so I decided to buy the recommended frame with 3D print antenna holder and also a new air Unit. I make sure no antenna issue on both drones, however, both are the same. no matter what channel I'm using or any max power (25mV or 700mV) or even if I fly in a field without a single tree, the range is less than 70 meters. so sad now

furthermore, today i found a video on youtube talking about range issue. the guy suggests that there is issue with "auto temp control". I did that and the result is still the same. then i unplugged everything and test only the air Unit remote and google without flight controller to make sure nothing interferes the signal, and guess what, i still lost signal on about 70m away. i even downgraded on all devices and nothing seems to help.
2020-6-24
Use props
Roach71
lvl.1

South Africa

fans18992d4c Posted at 6-24 03:10
furthermore, today i found a video on youtube talking about range issue. the guy suggests that there is issue with "auto temp control". I did that and the result is still the same. then i unplugged everything and test only the air Unit remote and google without flight controller to make sure nothing interferes the signal, and guess what, i still lost signal on about 70m away. i even downgraded on all devices and nothing seems to help.

I have the same problem, no Range picture goes into focus mode almost immediately it is super frustrating to see this, as I saw so many adds on the internet about how awesome this system is tried down grading to previous firmware still the same. Tried every thing mentioned above no change the only thing I haven't done is changing the antenna's it was a BNF unit from iFlight-rc, I wanted to buy a BNF as this is my first drone and wanted someone else to set it up for me.  
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_y17NsYtrPnAq
lvl.1
United States

Can you change the vtx mW setting in dji fpv mode for the fpv drone or only in dji digital fpv system mode? I tried searching the web for days to find the answer to this, any help is appreciated. Thanks…
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules