Anyone have uncommanded descent after FW v01.00.0500?
1116 8 2020-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the infamous uncommanded descent after upgrading to firmware v01.00.0500.  I used to get them but not since the upgrade.  My confidence and trust in the MM is tentatively returning but I want to hear if others are still having the issue.
2020-5-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope, flying each day. Not a single error or a UD.

In Sport mode full fwd to to aft > less height changes and no drops in height.
Right motor > 14000 rmp and no warnings etc.

So my trust in my MM is growing  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Nope, luckily never had before and luckily still not!
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They’re no reported cases here since over 3 weeks, ive just been out flying my mini in strong winds and the handling has really improved, wind warnings yes but it’s a much improved craft since last update.
2020-5-9
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never experienced this with the Mini.
2020-5-9
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I had  my MM LOSING height on a quick flight over a field. This has never happened since got it in November. BUT, looking at it he whole thing afterwards I noticed that my MD compass was in desperate need of calibrating. Not sure it's connected but will check that out in the coming days.
2020-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 5-9 11:52
I had  my MM LOSING height on a quick flight over a field. This has never happened since got it in November. BUT, looking at it he whole thing afterwards I noticed that my MD compass was in desperate need of calibrating. Not sure it's connected but will check that out in the coming days.

I had  my MM LOSING height on a quick flight over a field.  ...  I noticed that my MD compass was in desperate need of calibrating. Not sure it's connected but will check that out in the coming days.
Your compass has nothing to do with maintaining altitude.

But how can you tell that your compass was in desperate need of calibrating?
If it flew straight, the compass was working perfectly and recalibrating it wouldn't have made anything work any better.

2020-5-9
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

No issue after fw update for me as well...
2020-5-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Instead of showing white compass orientation it was red flashing. Well if it's not that then I have no idea what it could be. Just wondering as I never had that issue since I bought it in November. Was actually quite funny seeing the MM losing height again and again until I had enough and landed it in my palm
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules