As Mavic Air 2 is with DJI FLY app...
2343 17 2020-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

I have never used this app before, as I started my drone life with Mavic Air 1.
As I know, the app doesn't have any advanced settings option for the drone and controller.
The app looks more simple, more beginner-friendly.
I wonder if I can make a change on the setting such as controlling sensitivity or gimbal settings as well as with DJI GO 4.
(Any update plans?)

Anyway, I'm glad I can monitor my drone footage with FHD quality.
How's it? I'm still waiting for the drone delivered to me.

2020-5-10
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42359 ft
Costa Rica

I think that you can't change those settings at this time...  as you said, the app is more beginner-friendly but is missing many settings..  DJI should in a next upcoming app update put this back.  I mean the DJI Fly is not bat. but is not as complete as DJI Go.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_nQJXZtfUbkKD
lvl.1
United States

The Mavic Mini has gimbal sensitivity and pitch settings - this should do. I have heard from others that it’s missing the “Advanced” submenu under the Gimbal settings in the Fly app. This is present for the Mavic Mini in the fly app. Doesn’t make any sense. These are crucial to getting good smooth footage.
2020-5-10
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

mrkooks Posted at 5-10 08:15
I think that you can't change those settings at this time...  as you said, the app is more beginner-friendly but is missing many settings..  DJI should in a next upcoming app update put this back.  I mean the DJI Fly is not bat. but is not as complete as DJI Go.

True.
I didn't install the FLY app yet, but this is real essential!
2020-5-10
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_nQJXZtfUbkKD Posted at 5-10 08:43
The Mavic Mini has gimbal sensitivity and pitch settings - this should do. I have heard from others that it’s missing the “Advanced” submenu under the Gimbal settings in the Fly app. This is present for the Mavic Mini in the fly app. Doesn’t make any sense. These are crucial to getting good smooth footage.

I didn't know that MM has those settings. If MM has that options, maybe MA2 also can have them as well.
For cinematic footage, those settings are essential. I wish DJI would update the app soon.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_nQJXZtfUbkKD
lvl.1
United States

Yep. Take a look
2020-5-10
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Another thing that you can't control ( or at least I haven't found out ) is to set the return home to where the controller is, and not only to where you set it. So if you are flying, and you walk somewhere else and then you hit the update return home location, IT WILL UPDATE THE LOCATION-BASED on where the drone is.. not from where you are, so if you are flying over water, threes or any other funky ground..  be careful .. This app have potential, but at this point looks like is not as complete as the DJI Go 4..  but this doesn't mean that is a bad app.
2020-5-10
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

At the very least DJI should include those settings in the GO 4 app for the MA1 in the new Fly app (for MA2) as well. Any less would be a regression in control for both the aircraft and camera.
2020-5-10
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

mrkooks Posted at 5-10 08:15

These are available. The Fly app and DJI Go app are nearly the same in terms of features.
2020-5-10
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

mrkooks Posted at 5-10 11:55
Another thing that you can't control ( or at least I haven't found out ) is to set the return home to where the controller is, and not only to where you set it. So if you are flying, and you walk somewhere else and then you hit the update return home location, IT WILL UPDATE THE LOCATION-BASED on where the drone is.. not from where you are, so if you are flying over water, threes or any other funky ground..  be careful .. This app have potential, but at this point looks like is not as complete as the DJI Go 4..  but this doesn't mean that is a bad app.

Wow that's a big thing.
So controlling drone with moving is quite risky.
I often go to trail parks and fly the drone above the trees.. I should be very careful.
Thank you for the information!
2020-5-10
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 5-10 12:03
At the very least DJI should include those settings in the GO 4 app for the MA1 in the new Fly app (for MA2) as well. Any less would be a regression in control for both the aircraft and camera.

True.
If MA2 has less option than MA1 would be so bad.
2020-5-10
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

J04DAN Posted at 5-10 12:18
These are available. The Fly app and DJI Go app are nearly the same in terms of features.

Oh are they?
So you mean that I can set my sensitivity of controller or gimbal settings on DJI FLY app?
2020-5-10
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Costa Rica

J04DAN Posted at 5-10 12:18

Really??  where?? I looked for those and did see them.
2020-5-10
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

You can modify the gimbal somewhat in the Fly App but not the sensitivity of the sticks. (Expo).  I reallly hope this can be added in a firmware update.
2020-5-10
Use props
ryanosaurus
lvl.1
United States

Northwood Posted at 5-10 18:07
You can modify the gimbal somewhat in the Fly App but not the sensitivity of the sticks. (Expo).  I reallly hope this can be added in a firmware update.

Where are you seeing the ability to modify the gimbal speed?
2020-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Pilot.Isaac. Currently, DJI FLY does not support to adjust the sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-5-10
Use props
ryanosaurus
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 21:25
Hi, Pilot.Isaac. Currently, DJI FLY does not support to adjust the sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

Hi DJI Gamora,

This is possible in the DJI FLY app - I have the Mavic Mini and these settings are available under "Advanced" in the Gimbal control settings.

Is there a reason the Mavic Air 2 drone, 2x the cost, does not have these settings?
2020-5-11
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryanosaurus Posted at 5-11 06:13
Hi DJI Gamora,

This is possible in the DJI FLY app - I have the Mavic Mini and these settings are available under "Advanced" in the Gimbal control settings.

Same as the Mini and all before. Dji puts out the products before the app is ready.  
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules