Nonflying zones and GPS
419 3 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Theo81
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954108 ft

Greece

I am a holder of a Mavic Air drone which I love and never had any serious problem with it. There is an issue though, that really disappointed me. All the interesting places in my city are in a nonflying zone because of the military airport. The city is called Larissa (Greece). Is there any way to bypass this problem by disabling the GPS perhaps from DJI Assistant 2? I am not saying hacking the drone, I don't even know if this is even possible.

Thanks,Theo.

2020-5-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

No fly zones use the drone GPS, so sorry, no, there is no way. Even if you manage to take off some way, drone will stop before entering a no fly zone, or land if it acquires the GPS coordinates within one.

And even if you find a way disable the drone GPS, it is a total different beast to fly in the Opti mode (optical sensors only) let alone the Atti mode (full manual)...

2020-5-12
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not that I am aware of using DJI software.
2020-5-12
Use props
Jose Barrios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20213 ft
United States

I live in the US and we have the same issue here. Think of it as a matter of safety. Even though you might be a responsible person, there are many that are not, or are just bad people, so the only solution is to disable it for everyone.

Jose Barrios

www.josebarriosphoto.com
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules