What's Your average flight distance
875 6 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I fly aprox. 3km distance per battery but latest flights I was taking pictures farther than usual (finally no wind) so I ended up with over 6 km distance. No video recording just still pictures and no S-mode this time. What's Your average and longest flight distance?

flight distance

flight distance

2020-5-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The span of my single flight length is around the 1.5 Km mark.

I tend to be quite focused on closer objects and environments rather than panoramic sightseeing.
2020-5-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

The furthest I've gone in one direction has been 1Km, and my longest flight was back in December at 2.65Km.
2020-5-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Because of social distancing I'm not visiting the interesting places I have on the list. That's why my flights are so different (like many panoramic views), but I have never been farther than aprox 900meters from remote (and only in the open space). I'm still getting used to operate AC in distance...
2020-5-12
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

I have been 2km. It has expanded as I have gotten more comfortable wit hit. I think in my environment, I should be good for 3km at least. You must be flying over very flat land or water to get those distances. Over 6km is usually a one way flight.
2020-5-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I don't like operating out of vLoS, I do from time to time but only with very well clear unobstructed environment (e.g. countryside).
2020-5-13
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Deucalion Posted at 5-13 01:25
I have been 2km. It has expanded as I have gotten more comfortable wit hit. I think in my environment, I should be good for 3km at least. You must be flying over very flat land or water to get those distances. Over 6km is usually a one way flight.

Distance on the picture is GPS counted from take off to landing, with EU version I'm not able to fly that far (3km in straight line) from remote controller...
BTW It was on the countryside with fields and meadows, with clear LOS between AC and RC.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules