12Next >
4772 42 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_H29aeqAtv0JN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227854 ft
United States

Got my MA2 on Saturday.  Whlie flying it on Sunday, there was a plane that flew near by and airsense gave me a warning as it should.  What surprised me though is after a few seconds, I hear Chinese voice which I'm assuming is saying aircraft nearby.  Looked and there is no where to change airsense language if that's indeed what it was.  Chatted with support and they could not figure it out so it's been documented.  I'm guessing a firmware update will correct that.  Not a big deal, just a heads up if anyone may run into this.
2020-5-12
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds nifty. Hopefully a fix soon.
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your feedback. This issue will be solved in the next update of the DJI Fly app. Please keep up with updates on DJI official website and Forum. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2020-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Out of interest how high was the plane it warned you about?
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_H29aeqAtv0JN
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:10
Out of interest how high was the plane it warned you about?

I'm a terrible judge of distance.  It was low enough that I could tell it was a Cessna.  Maybe 400 or 500 ft?  I was in no danger of having a collision but the warning came in handy.
2020-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_H29aeqAtv0JN Posted at 5-13 05:12
I'm a terrible judge of distance.  It was low enough that I could tell it was a Cessna.  Maybe 400 or 500 ft?  I was in no danger of having a collision but the warning came in handy.

Ah Ok,  there's not much information abut how close the plane needs to be to be alerted, and as we won't get Airsense in Europe for a while I was curious.
2020-5-13
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, this will be fixed by the time I get mine
2020-5-13
Use props
Hritick14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020735 ft
United States

I got my Mavic Air 2 just yesterday and I'm having the same problem! The takeoff and landing voice prompts are in English, but somehow the Air Sense warning is in Chinese.
Was your problem solved? How do I change the language to English?
2020-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Be happy, YOU in the US have air sense, already! 'We', in the other part of the world, meaning ALL THE WORLD except US, dont have it!
So get over it, learn some basic words in chinese and enjoy your warnings
2020-6-23
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
United States

Hritick14 Posted at 6-23 20:03
I got my Mavic Air 2 just yesterday and I'm having the same problem! The takeoff and landing voice prompts are in English, but somehow the Air Sense warning is in Chinese.
Was your problem solved? How do I change the language to English?

Are you running the latest firmware?  I'm no longer getting voice at all.  Just a pop up warning.
2020-6-24
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Happen to me a few weeks ago.  They are working on it
2020-6-24
Use props
Hritick14
lvl.2
United States

Bulldog_Fan Posted at 6-24 09:40
Are you running the latest firmware?  I'm no longer getting voice at all.  Just a pop up warning.

Hello,
Normally i just get the warning on screen, but the voice alert starts when the drone gets in way of the flght path of a manned aircraft.
Normally the voice alert is in english, warning that there's a mannned aircraft nearby and asking to fly with caution.
2020-6-24
Use props
Hritick14
lvl.2
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 6-24 09:44
Happen to me a few weeks ago.  They are working on it

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I called the DJI tech support today and as usual they were lost! I was shocked by their reply, i was told that maybe this drone wasn't meant for US market and that I should get it replaced from where I bought it!
Did they give you any info about if this is a problem with the fly app or the drone itself?
2020-6-24
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Hritick14 Posted at 6-24 16:58
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I called the DJI tech support today and as usual they were lost! I was shocked by their reply, i was told that maybe this drone wasn't meant for US market and that I should get it replaced from where I bought it!

The forum moderator addressed it in a thread I posted
2020-6-24
Use props
fansf921ab9d
lvl.1

United States

The lady speaking Mandarin Chinese to warn you a manned aircraft is near your drone. Please take precaution.
2020-7-18
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
United States

As of app version 1.1.6, voice warning is still in Chinese.
2020-8-4
Use props
adam.eaton
lvl.1
United States

I can confirm.  Just got my MA2 this weekend.  Everything updated to the latest version.  Air Sense is in Chinese everything else is English.  It does work very well though, just wish I could understand it.
2020-8-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

adam.eaton Posted at 8-19 10:05
I can confirm.  Just got my MA2 this weekend.  Everything updated to the latest version.  Air Sense is in Chinese everything else is English.  It does work very well though, just wish I could understand it.

...i haven't noticed my audio meaning im not listening for it; visual alerts are working well for me.
2020-8-19
Use props
lastelement21gmail.com
New

United States

Audio alerts have definitely been in Chinese for me on the latest version of the android app.  Is mildly entertaining, and the visual alerts work well, but I hope it's fixed in the next version.
2020-9-5
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

Yes, this ^^^. I was just about to post a question regarding this. I live under a local flight path so I turned on AirSense and found it rather amusing when it started warning me in Chinese. The screen starts flashing, the map gets bigger and glows red and I hear words I have no idea what it being said. I mean I can pretty much guess. It's doing the job that it's intended for, warning me a plane is close. I'm using the latest .34 version on android so this definitely hasn't been fixed yet.
2020-9-6
Use props
Michaelgh
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic Air 2 that I bought in late June is still having the same issue that I see with this thread in regards to the air sense speaking in Chinese. The first time I called DJI they thought I was absolutely nuts and they never heard of this before and there was nothing they could do to help me. I called again last week and after spending 15 minutes on hold after speaking to a DJI representative initially his suggestion was to click the link that he was going to send me via email that took a day to get to me by the way. Once I got the email I Re-downloaded the DJI flight app through that link. He was quite adamant that this would fix the problem and I tested it and unfortunately it did not fix the problem.What I can't figure out is if air sense is only available in the United States why is it even in Chinese to begin with?
2020-9-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michaelgh Posted at 9-13 18:43
My Mavic Air 2 that I bought in late June is still having the same issue that I see with this thread in regards to the air sense speaking in Chinese. The first time I called DJI they thought I was absolutely nuts and they never heard of this before and there was nothing they could do to help me.  I called again last week and after spending 15 minutes on hold after speaking to a DJI representative initially his suggestion was to click the link that he was going to send me via email that took a day to get to me by the way. Once I got the email I Re-downloaded the DJI flight app through that link. He was quite adamant that this would fix the problem and I tested it and unfortunately it did not fix the problem.What I can't figure out is if air sense is only available in the United States why is it even in Chinese to begin with?

What version of the FLY app do you currently have installed? I haven't gotten any ADS-B alerts to know if this issue has been corrected or not. Apparently not a lot of air traffic in my neck of the woods, LOL (and yes I do have it turned on ;))
2020-9-14
Use props
stevecn70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5303678 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-14 12:46
What version of the FLY app do you currently have installed? I haven't gotten any ADS-B alerts to know if this issue has been corrected or not. Apparently not a lot of air traffic in my neck of the woods, LOL (and yes I do have it turned on ;))

I got an alert today, it was in Chinese
2020-9-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got alert, with 1.18 so disappointing it was English.
2020-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got an alert this morning and it was in Chinese.  I'm on 1.1.8 DJI Fly App on android device.
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_bY4dP1wVopFL
New

United States

Flying at 400 feet in visual range I got an aircraft warning in orange followed by a red alert. The controller started speaking Chinese as I dove for the treetops. A 767 verified to be at 2000 feet roared overhead. This was the best picture I could get. Aircraft are very hard to see in the FPV camera. I've tried spotting general aviation aircraft with no luck. "BING BOW BO PEEP NEEDA MOWZY OH SHEEP"
2020-9-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

So using the Smart Controller and the Mavic Air 2 we still have Chinese language warning us of nearby airplanes.
I am close to a flight path of a local airport. I’m usually about 20-30 m high. The planes  are at least 100-150 m away and 200 m high
The text is in English but the voice in Chinese. I wish we could change it.
Thanks
2020-10-4
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
United States

ET214 Posted at 10-4 17:18
So using the Smart Controller and the Mavic Air 2 we still have Chinese language warning us of nearby airplanes.
I am close to a flight path of a local airport. I’m usually about 20-30 m high. The planes  are at least 100-150 m away and 200 m high
The text is in English but the voice in Chinese. I wish we could change it.

I think it was fixed in fly app version 1.1.8 or 1.1.9.  The smart controller is on 1.1.6.  I'm not impressed with the smart controller.  Going to return it.
2020-10-5
Use props
saborman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 834669 ft
United States

Bulldog_Fan Posted at 10-5 07:16
I think it was fixed in fly app version 1.1.8 or 1.1.9.  The smart controller is on 1.1.6.  I'm not impressed with the smart controller.  Going to return it.

I saw some post where people are manually updating the fly app in the smart controller to the latest version. I am tempted to do this but also skeptical that it might cause an unforeseen problem.
2020-10-5
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
United States

saborman Posted at 10-5 17:17
I saw some post where people are manually updating the fly app in the smart controller to the latest version. I am tempted to do this but also skeptical that it might cause an unforeseen problem.

I just saw the post where you download from dji website not generate an apk from the playstore and was able to update manually.  Going to give the SC another try to determine if there are improvements to make we want to keep the SC.
2020-10-5
Use props
saborman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 834669 ft
United States

Bulldog_Fan Posted at 10-5 19:00
I just saw the post where you download from dji website not generate an apk from the playstore and was able to update manually.  Going to give the SC another try to determine if there are improvements to make we want to keep the SC.

I need to test more to make sure it was not a fluke but I upgraded the Fly app on the smart controller yesterday to the .19 and my range before losing signal increased way more than I ever could with the .16 version.   I need to do more test and also compare the same routes with my original RC with the Mavic A2.

But so far I have been happy with my decision to buy a smart controller for my Mavic A2.  

I also had the aircraft alert in (Chinese voice but written in English) with my Mavic A2 and smart controller with the original .16 version of the fly app, but have not yet had a plane close to know if the .19 will alert in Chinese as well yet on the smart controller.
2020-10-7
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog_Fan Posted at 10-5 19:00

can you share the link to that post?  should I download it with the Smart Controller's web app?
2020-10-7
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
United States

ET214 Posted at 10-7 19:14
can you share the link to that post?  should I download it with the Smart Controller's web app?

I just followed this but instead of Go, grab the Fly app.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
And for the record, I ended up returning the smart controller today.  It just wasn't worth the price
2020-10-7
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 10-7 19:14

Hi I understand the price thing.
I myself think it’s worth it. I’ve tried to fly my drone in the blazing sun with a phone or iPad   Even if I was in the shade the display still wasn’t clear enough. Not so with the  Smart Controller. But I use it for my Mavic 2 Pro. And now the Air 2. I am contemplating getting a Phantom 4 pro v. 2 just so I can use the Smart Controller with that system.
I live in the Southwest. Hot dry blazing sun. And another reason for the Smart Controller is the ability to use the DJI goggles with the Mavic Air 2 that's worth it.
Also you could hook up the controller to an external HDMI monitor

Thanks for the link.
Happy flying.

2020-10-7
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog_Fan Posted at 10-7 19:59
I just followed this but instead of Go, grab the Fly app.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757

Thanks. I was able to install v 1.1.9. I’ll test tomorrow to see if  the Air-sense  will speak in English.
Thank you again
Happy flying !
2020-10-7
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any fix for this?
2020-10-31
Use props
fans17cef126
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-12 23:12
Hi, there. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your feedback. This issue will be solved in the next update of the DJI Fly app. Please keep up with updates on DJI official website and Forum. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Was this updated/fixed? Because the same exact thing happened to me yesterday.
2020-11-1
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still in Chinese for me too as of 11/17/20.
2020-11-17
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I get at least one aircraft warning per flight and I have never heard this "Chinese Phantom" voice.  I am up to date on the app and firmware.  The screen prompt is preferable to me so no big loss.

To have a warning from the controller not in the default language or English is recipe for creating confusion for the operator.

I feel like so much focus has been on the Mini 2 which uses the same app and RC as Air 2 that little things have been over looked and not addressed.  
2020-11-17
Use props
DBlue420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2458507 ft
Canada

It just hapenned to me a couple hours ago (2020-12-20 11:15AM). Im from Quebec Canada. Chinese text on my screen... have no idea if it was a warning about a plane nearby, I cant read chinese lol...
2020-12-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules