Smart Controller - how long supported
3215 14 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLR2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42559 ft
Netherlands

I know this topic is difficult to answer without DJI telling us but just wanted to discuss.

I have a DJI Mavic Mini with DJI Fly and now on order a Mavic Air 2 also with DJI Fly. Because I don't want to use my iphone with flying I was thinking of buying the Smart Contoller.
My main concern is that it works with Go4 app and DJI seems to move to the Fly app for their drones. I want to know if the smart controller is capable to later be updated to work with the Fly app or is the Go4 app also still in further development ?

Dont want to invest 600 Euro to find out its basically EOL in a few months

any thoughts ?

2020-5-13
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

What ever you do never trust anything these DJI clowns tell you... it's only "approved" lies they copy and paste they give you as answers...
as far as support is concerned, all you need to look as is the CrystalSky section and see how much support it's getting...

I'd say that they'll stop supporting the SC much like they did with the CrystalSky sooner rather than later...
2020-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AFAIK The smart controller doesn't currently support the Mavic 2 Air or the Go Fly App.
2020-5-13
Use props
KLR2020
lvl.1
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 03:28
AFAIK The smart controller doesn't currently support the Mavic 2 Air or the Go Fly App.

I understand that the smart controller will get an update to support the MA2 with Go4
2020-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLR2020 Posted at 5-13 03:33
I understand that the smart controller will get an update to support the MA2 with Go4

Ive not heard that, but I would doubt that they would update Go 4 for it and the DJI Fly app. But certainly dont buy it until thats been released.
2020-5-13
Use props
KLR2020
lvl.1
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 03:42
Ive not heard that, but I would doubt that they would update Go 4 for it and the DJI Fly app. But certainly dont buy it until thats been released.

https://store.dji.com/guides/mavic-air-2-faq-everything-you-need-to-know/

Can I use the DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?           
Yes. Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update.
and yes I agree "future" is an unsure thing

2020-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLR2020 Posted at 5-13 03:46
https://store.dji.com/guides/mavic-air-2-faq-everything-you-need-to-know/

Can I use the DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?           

Ah I must have missed that,  but I would wait until they add the support before ordering just in case.  
2020-5-13
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

If the Smart Controller is running on a 32bit platform (like CrystalSky) then forget about it. DJI decided to write the new fly software only in 64bit meaning they abandoned us CrystalSky users so be wary when they say things like it will work "in a future update"....
2020-5-13
Use props
Peck1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192507 ft
United States

I to am interested in the smart controller.   I would love to get it for my mavic air 2.   But the price seems steep; and currently its not supported.
2020-5-24
Use props
FHK1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135636 ft
Australia

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 5-13 15:13
If the Smart Controller is running on a 32bit platform (like CrystalSky) then forget about it. DJI decided to write the new fly software only in 64bit meaning they abandoned us CrystalSky users so be wary when they say things like it will work "in a future update"....

I agree, I won't be getting a Smart Controller until the firmware supports the Mavic Air 2. Also OcuSync 2.0 will eventually be outdated. Is the Smart Controller able to support OcuSync 3.0 with firmware upgrades or is it hardware ?
2020-6-4
Use props
MIDIhead
lvl.1
United States

Great question. I just purchased an Air 2S and it makes no sense to get a smart controller at this time with the different specs. I would have expected DJI to announce a newer version of the Smart Controller at the same time. Odd.
2021-4-19
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

Smart controller just got an update to make it compatible with the Air 2S.
2021-4-23
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jdpg2 Posted at 4-23 11:50
Smart controller just got an update to make it compatible with the Air 2S.

Did dji get it to work right with the 2s? Last i heard, people was having alot of glitches.
2021-4-23
Use props
djiuser_KFg3XhL11jqC
lvl.1

Canada

Djimaniac Posted at 4-23 13:36
Did dji get it to work right with the 2s? Last i heard, people was having alot of glitches.

I have the same question
2021-4-23
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I use it with A2S.
Goods:
- App seems stable
- No need for another phone
- Fast connect and fly.
- Screen is bright enough even in sunny day. Also a screen shade makes miracles.

Bads:
- Sometimes lag appears...even with last updates, all services forced to Close.
- Touch screen needs adjustments, as you press for SS or ISO and instead is making Focus on area...this is so dumb.
- Did not have the courage to send the drone out of VLOS, at more than 1 km...(I see it as I have SB Leds on it )...seems that RTH at A2S is having problems, I have experienced a sudden Landing as battery was still at 10%, without RTH...why? only DJI knows.
- 5D buttons cannot be configured in FLY as additional buttons for defining different shortcuts.... A MAJOR LACK OF VISION AND A MAJOR BUG FOR A 600 EURO UNIT, IF ANY MORON (IDIOT) FROM DJI DEV TEAM IS READING THIS ! In fact you have less control than standard N1 remote with FN button.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules