Take photos at intervals between waypoints - Phantom 3 Professional
2053 4 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

Hi there,

Wondering if its possible to use the Phantom 3 Pro to take photos at intervals between waypoints? I see in the SDK docs that shootPhotoTimeInterval and shootPhotoDistanceInterval are only supported by flight controller firmware 3.2.10.0 or above. I have used these features with a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 successfully. But it appears the Phantom 3 (with firmware 2.04.20.50) does not support these features of DJIWaypoint. We'd like to support older DJI models as well as new ones in our automation app. Is there an alternative way to do this or would I just have to create a waypoint everywhere I would like to shoot a photo?

Thanks
2020-5-13
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I don't think DJI will keep updating P3 firmware as they have so many models to support. Its time to throw P3 in the bin and buy a Mavic 2 Pro, yay~
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I already have a Mavic 2 Pro, however we would like to support older drones on our app. I'm thinking a Timeline mission might be the way to go rather than a waypoint mission
2020-5-14
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

P3 is already a very old model. This outdated model DJI is unlikely to implement new functions.
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

If anyone else is interested I was able to achieve the same result as a waypoint mission using a Timeline mission to run a DJIShootPhotoAction - initWithPhotoCount:timeInterval:waitUntilFinish - with wait set to NO and then scheduled a DJIGoToAction which results in the drone flying to a coordinate while taking photos at a time interval.

Sample mission actions
DJITakeOffAction
DJIGoToAction (coordinate with altitude)
DJIGimbalAttitudeAction (pitch -90)
DJIShootPhotoAction (initWithPhotoCount 20, interval 2 seconds, wait NO)
DJIGoToAction (coordinate with altitude)
repeat last 2 steps for multiple coordinates

- also DJIShootPhotoAction initWithStopShootPhoto is useful to stop a currently running DJIShootPhotoAction initWithPhotoCount:timeInterval:waitUntilFinish (with wait set to NO)
However if there is no DJIShootPhotoAction initWithPhotoCount:timeInterval:waitUntilFinish running the mission will likely crash
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules