Panorama Resolutions
859 2 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user860d688b14
lvl.1
United States

I have seen a few other threads where people notice a significant decrease in the expected resolution of all 3 panorama options on the OM2.  The one thing I haven't seen in any threads is someone having successful results previously, meaning high resolution, but now the results are diminished.
For example, did multiple panoramas in all 3 options in April of 2019 using an iPhone 8 Plus and all of my panoramas were the full resolution you would expect when stitching together the images.  All were around 9 - 11 MB each.

Now in May of 2020, using the same OM2 and the same DJI app, but with an iPhone 11 Pro Max, the resolution is dismal with a max file size of 1 MB.

I have tried adjusting every setting both in the app and on my phone for the camera and the results haven't changed.  I even tried it with an iPhone 11 XR which only has 1 camera and still got the low resolution results.

This doesn't make any sense to me how I was able to capture full res photos 1 year ago, but now I can't.  Part of me might believe that it is the result of a new phone, except the new phone should be taking better overall pictures in general and worst case scenario, the exact same quality as the 8 Plus, so the only logical conclusion I would come up with next is that one of the app updates over the last year, purposely reduced the quality of the panoramas which wouldn't make any sense either.

Anyone have an ideas? Is this user error?

Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
user860d688b14
lvl.1
United States

After looking at the properties of each of my panoramas, it appears I also did a panorama with the regular camera feature, and it was those panoramas that were full res, so you can disregard this question.
2020-5-14
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

I saw your question, and then I saw that it is not relevant ...

My passing question:
Did you mean 360 panoramas?
Have you tried to make the full scope and, if you had experience, what software do you use for such a task?
I tried to make 360 panoramas with the help of DJI GO of my Xiaomi Mi5S - it turns out, but it takes up to 10 minutes to take one panorama.
And also I could not get a raw photo through D JI GO - only  jpg ...
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules