3 problems with my new Mavic 2 Pro, orbit, gimbal and camera feed
749 8 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soiboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572566 ft
United States

This is now the third issue I have encountered with my new Mavic 2 Pro. I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to it.First, the orbit in active track trace mode will not work.

Second, the camera quite often will not display on the smart controller. I have to reboot both the drone and the smart controller many times before it will appear on the smart controller. I can see all the other aspects of the system, even the autofocus box, but it will not feed what the camera is seeing.

Now the gimbal will not straighten out. It keeps rolling to the left, but only in certain directions.
I tried manually adjusting it and it just rocks back and forth.

Why do they charge so much money for such a buggy product???
2020-5-14
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

Does DJI respond here at all? I have DJI refresh, but they say I have to work with the seller (official DJI dealer). The dealer asks if I have a DJI ticket. Who's on first? Not a good experience after having spent so much money.
2020-5-15
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

I suspect I was sold a refurbished machine, based on the sticker over the original serial number with a new serial number. Now I am using DJI refresh and will get another refurbished machine. I hope it works better, but man it sucks to spend all that money and get a used device.
2020-5-15
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I'm new here... I bought a M2P with a smart controller about one month ago...

I also noticed the problem with a sporadic grey camera image when powering on the system.  Switching off M2P and the remote (smart) controller solved it always.

One hour ago, I received a new firmware update (V01.00.0510).... it was installed automatic...

It looks like the active tracking - speed setting is working again now.
2020-5-15
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

KDP + Posted at 5-15 11:43
Hello,

I'm new here... I bought a M2P with a smart controller about one month ago...

I'm glad that turning it off and on again worked for you. It does not work for me.

I am already on V01.00.0700 and still no luck with the orbit of trace mode in active track
2020-5-15
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Soiboy Posted at 5-15 11:53
I'm glad that turning it off and on again worked for you. It does not work for me.

I am already on V01.00.0700 and still no luck with the orbit of trace mode in active track

Hello Soiboy,

Indeed, my controller is also on version V01.00.0700.  But my drone is on version V01.00.0510.

The firmware for the drone was received just yesterday.

Could you have a look which firmware you have in the drone ?

KDP
2020-5-16
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

Activated DJI Refresh.
Sent my drone in. DJI support's answer was always 'send the drone in'.

Paid ahead of time, so the turnaround should have been good.
I find out today, they are shipping my replacement drone to a completely different STATE!
WTF?
They have my address, but are sending my replacement to someplace in rural Texas.

Update:
waited on hold for half an hour, talked briefly to support, they put me on hold then hung up on me, now I am starting over and dialed up again.
2020-6-1
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

Update: DJI sent my replacement drone to the wrong address in the wrong state!
Now they told me that have to wait until the drone they sent to the wrong address gets back to them and then send it to me???
WTF?
I sent my drone in over 2 weeks ago, they screw up and now I have to wait another week or two while they figure out where the drone they sent to the wrong address is?
They should just send me a new drone already!
Worst customer support experience ever.
2020-6-2
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
United States

So I received a new drone from DJI. It took 3 weeks because they first shipped my replacement drone to the wrong state, not just the wrong address.

Guess what, orbiting in active track trace mode STILL does NOT work.
Any word on why this is happening DJI Support?
How many drones do you have to send me until it works?
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules