1040 4 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

hey .. I have a HUGE Problem.

I live in an Enhanced warning zone (Blue) .. and well my roof is extended so the Mavic can't get satellites or eats up 20% of the battery till it does .. so i take of from the bedroom where we have a latch on the house where I can put the Mavic to get satellites (it usually takes just like 1 minute or so at this spot)

the latch is only about 40cm/15Inch wide so I can take off from there, but there is no way to land on that thing without destroying the props or worse (especially since this sin the first floor)

so all good .. I turn the Mavic on .. wait for satellite fix, then start the motors, the app immidealty tell me that I need to get authorization to take off.
I go through the dialogs while the motors running, get confirmation, and then take off.

BUT the second the Mavic leaves solid ground I get there autoland warning .. and it will force land 20 seconds later.
and that is almost impossible at this spot without causing major damage to the drone.

the question is:
- how can I make sure the authorization stay active (as starting the motors isn't enough apparently)
- why does it autoland in 20 sec ? the mini autolands after 90 sec. which is plenty of time to fly out from under the roof and casually re-do the authorization
but 20 sec is hardly enough time to fly anywhere to find a spot to land.

2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nullx8. Please take off in an open area free with interference. If you still have problems with custom unlocking , please email to flysafe@dji.com. Our colleagues will assist you.
2020-5-17
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

you are aware that this automated responses do have zero value right? besides of creating the appearance of support?

how about letting me (and others) know how the unlocking is processed, then everyone would learn somethings and plan the actions we take so everyone would be safer. ;)

blaming the interference is just an easy way out, especially since I did address this already, but it does not help anyone, as this can be a serious issue
just imagine someone never experienced it .. take off from a 30-floor building .. you fly away immediately and then the Mavic autolands in a crowded street below?
because you can't gain altitude when autoland is in progress .. the only thing you can do is hold the stick up[ walk down, pray the signal is not lost ad then hope it doesn't kill anyone on the ground.
or crash it purposely to avoid injuries.

simply telling me WHY the mavic autolands or HOW the decitions are made that lead to the autolanding would already have solved this since I would be able to find a way around it,
just like I do it with the mini .. however, the steps to do with the mini do not work (take off without phone) because the Mavic Pro will (unlike the mini) autoland in less than 1 minute.
and that will simply have it drown in the pond behind my house.

this post is not about interference at all, its about autolanding and how it gets there, also to help others that may experience this Randomly.
2020-5-20
Use props
Carlos Guerrero
New

United States

nullx8 Posted at 2020-5-20 03:20
you are aware that this automated responses do have zero value right? besides of creating the appearance of support?

how about letting me (and others) know how the unlocking is processed, then everyone would learn somethings and plan the actions we take so everyone would be safer. ;)

Very true!!!
2021-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Interesting case...if you like upload your flightlog for this issue, use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

post the uploaded link on here, or just put a cloudlink to your flightlog on here

Log will explain what is the cause of this autoland.

cheers
JJB
2021-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules