HOW To - Properly put into service the Intelligent Flight Battery
586 4 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Before I proceed let me point out that I still haven't figured it out if the activation protection is still in place.

The Intelligent Flight Battery (from now on IFB) the first time you use it's INACTIVE and must be charged before entering active service.

Today I received my IFB ordered over a month ago after a period of prolonged unavailability, so I've put the battery into the charger (or the Mavic Mini if you like) and charged for some time, before the charge was complete I inserted the battery into the Mini and launched the Windows software DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, powered up the Mini and connected to a PC via USB, at that point in the tab of the Firmware Update I was presented with the option to UPGRADE rather than REFRESH my firmware, and hit upgrade.

This happened because despite my Mini being on the latest firmware the IFB was not. I hit upgrade and the DJI Assistant downloaded and applied the upgrade to the component that wasn't up to date, the IFB was thus upgraded to same version of firmware installed in the aircraft. After the process was finished and the AC turned off by itself I unplugged it from USB, extracted the battery and finished charging to 100%.

The brand new battery at this point was 100% ready and fully charged.

20200515_125230-01.jpeg

Quick summary

• Unpack new battery and put it to charge (charging station or drone)
  • Insert inside Mini (if it's not) and plug the Mini to a PC w/ DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic opened.
  • Go to  Firmware Update tab and on the current firmware hit UPGRADE.

Wait some minutes while the system upgrades the AC and the battery to a matching versions of firmware.

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic_update.jpg

Besides I have to say these IFBs are pretty well made, rare to find and packed like a jewel... at the bottom of the case there's a even a small bag of silica dessicant. Very well packed.

2020-5-15
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love that Mini stand.
2020-5-15
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't that the same battery that came with the mini or is it an upgrade?
2020-5-15
Use props
Chief Mole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13415 ft
United States

Similarly, I upgraded my IFBs using the DJI Fly app from my phone at the house. Doesn't take very long but the phone does need a WiFi connection to the internet. Cheers!
2020-5-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Good on you @Chief Mole, nice to know that. That battery is a stand-alone package from the store @BigBird-2. The stand @Vlas isn't exactly for that, it's an (adjustable) smartphone stand that I somehow managed to make it temporary hold the Mini.
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules