hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MISSING: Mavic Air2 Not Complete

1/Gimbal Speed Control
2/Control Expo sensitivity settings

Many disgruntled Air2 owners, including me.
Some crucial features have been left out of Air2, these features are very important to all users particularly to those shooting mostly video. It’s not known if this was a mistake or a problem with app before release.

These two features are available in all dji drones, including Mavic Air mk 2. Not having these features can make it very difficult to shoot good smooth footage.

Users of Mavic Air2 are not happy and would greatly appreciate a moderator to helping out with this. I’m sure users will remain patient if they can have some information regarding 1/ if this will be fixed. 2/ A tough timeframe when it will be sorted.

Users and members of this forum buy these drones in good faith, both these features many of them have been using for many years with all their drones. They are not fun features, they are necessary in order to insure they get the most from their drone, they are not asking for anything other than what they expected when handing over their hard earned money for this drone.
Please moderator take this matter seriously and attend to this problem oversight or whatever caused these features to be left out of Air2.
2020-5-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

man stop whining, DJI are working hard on the fixes. they will add it at some point.
now what were you telling me about complaining about the app, did you change your mind??? I guess you will do great as beta tester of the app..let's see how many bugs you will find
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-15 13:48
man stop whining, DJI are working hard on the fixes. they will add it at some point.
now what were you telling me about complaining about the app, did you change your mind??? I guess you will do great as beta tester of the app..let's see how many bugs you will find

It must be killing you, no Air2 but you still can’t stay away from the Mavic Air Forum. Hope you haven’t hit any of those helicopters with your mini.
Difference between you and I is I try to get things sorted, no whining, find out when it’s going to be sorted and move on. Looks like you couldn’t do that here. So hence your next move is to troll the whining troll look out for the helis LMAO.....
2020-5-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 13:59
It must be killing you, no Air2 but you still can’t stay away from the Mavic Air Forum. Hope you haven’t hit any of those helicopters with your mini.
Difference between you and I is I try to get things sorted, no whining, find out when it’s going to be sorted and move on. Looks like you couldn’t do that here. So hence your next move is to troll the whining troll look out for the helis LMAO.....

what exactly you have sorted - listed a couple of issues and whined on in like 4 paragraphs of lost train of thoughts...

the difference between us is more than clear - if you have seen my posts on the issues of the app you would have known better...at least i do something to find the cause of real bugs, not list couple of things already known which are actually a functionality clearly omitted by dev team cause they were in a hurry to release partially developed and tested update of the app/firmware.

And i am checking the air 2 forum of course, after all i have to see when all the tests with the air 2 are finished, so i can buy cheap a fully functional product for a change   
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-15 14:17
what exactly you have sorted - listed a couple of issues and whined on in like 4 paragraphs of lost train of thoughts...

the difference between us is more than clear - if you have seen my posts on the issues of the app you would have known better...at least i do something to find the cause of real bugs, not list couple of things already known which are actually a functionality clearly omitted by dev team cause they were in a hurry to release partially developed and tested update of the app/firmware.

It should be available 2021, it’ll be right up your street 7 months of whining, like been in heaven for you. Until then be careful you don’t knock any helicopters out of the sky. Carry on trolling it bumps the thread....
2020-5-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 14:27
It should be available 2021, it’ll be right up your street 7 months of whining, like been in heaven for you. Until then be careful you don’t knock any helicopters out of the sky. Carry on trolling it bumps the thread....

well karma is a bitch...the only whining now is done by you. i am just enjoying the show let's see how long you can go...

and don't worry about me, i have plenty of time, i might get the air 2 if they fix it, if not i can always get the next one they release which might be the mavic 3... so i am pretty swell, don't get distracted, do some good testing of the air 2, we all want those bugs taken care of.
2020-5-15
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 5-15 14:41
well karma is a bitch...the only whining now is done by you. i am just enjoying the show  let's see how long you can go...

and don't worry about me, i have plenty of time, i might get the air 2 if they fix it, if not i can always get the next one they release which might be the mavic 3... so i am pretty swell, don't get distracted, do some good testing of the air 2, we all want those bugs taken care of.

Dude, get the sand out of your vajayjay...
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-15 14:41
well karma is a bitch...the only whining now is done by you. i am just enjoying the show  let's see how long you can go...

and don't worry about me, i have plenty of time, i might get the air 2 if they fix it, if not i can always get the next one they release which might be the mavic 3... so i am pretty swell, don't get distracted, do some good testing of the air 2, we all want those bugs taken care of.

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”

Enjoy the mini maybe they’ll retrofit it with ADS-B for you, at least helicopters will be safe, I don’t think anyone flying a Mavic 3 who can’t see a helicopter in the sky is a good idea ...
2020-5-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 14:49
“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”

you are getting really boring...after you repeat all your repertoire  it seems it is not very large nor original...actually more like couple of brains cells long...
and if you are genius wow...all hope is lost...we'ill have to endure a genuine whining for quite some time... at least use your ingenuity to do something good and find some real bugs or some originality

anyway, i am out...until your next whine
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-15 14:58
you are getting really boring...after you repeat all your repertoire  it seems it is not very large nor original...actually more like couple of brains cells long...
and if you are genius wow...all hope is lost...we'ill have to endure a genuine whining for quite some time... at least use your ingenuity to do something good and find some real bugs or some originality

The idiot has left the building, but trolls usually return and by the look of it your not very popular.....
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kimosabe Posted at 5-15 14:45
Dude, get the sand out of your vajayjay...

Trolls will be Trolls.....
2020-5-15
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me the lack of waypoint flight held me off from purchase,
2020-5-15
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

The drones been what... live for a week?    I’m sure there will be a software update... hopefully anyway.
2020-5-15
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-15 16:34

You might consider getting Litchi once it is compatible with the MA2.  It's an amazing flight controller that's well worth the money.
2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hear hear. Well said. I second that motion.
2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skraeling Posted at 5-15 17:12
The drones been what... live for a week?    I’m sure there will be a software update... hopefully anyway.

MAYBE  they will put out a real user manual and a user guide for the App  specific  for the product.
Have you seen the documentation on this drone? Puny release notes.
2020-5-15
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

sbonev Posted at 5-15 13:48
man stop whining, DJI are working hard on the fixes. they will add it at some point.

Hello guys,
Lets keep it objective. Please know that the beta of the Fly App + Mavic Air 2 actually HAD the gimbal sensitivity controls.

They removed this in the production app for some reason.

So, even the greatest beta tester who finds every damn bug will be useless if the programmer decides not to fix it or include something broken or exclude something working.

SO DJI, PLEASE LISTEN UP AND FIX THIS WITH A PROMISED FIX. ALONG WITH THE 1080p only quickshots.  
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_iWqJuha18VI1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for your post. It was very useful to know I wasn't the only one having that issue. Thought I was going mad as couldn't find the gimbal settings either. The point of forum is to get advice and constructive help, so really don't understand why people feel they need to attack others simply for expressing a valid point.
2020-5-15
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BKahuna Posted at 5-15 19:49
You might consider getting Litchi once it is compatible with the MA2.  It's an amazing flight controller that's well worth the money.

Love litchi. Hopefully an SDK soon. Until then...
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_iWqJuha18VI1 Posted at 5-15 22:02
Thank you for your post. It was very useful to know I wasn't the only one having that issue. Thought I was going mad as couldn't find the gimbal settings either. The point of forum is to get advice and constructive help, so really don't understand why people feel they need to attack others simply for expressing a valid point.

I do hope we see a moderator pop in here to confirm one way or another if these features are to be reinstated.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-15 19:57
MAYBE  they will put out a real user manual and a user guide for the App  specific  for the product.
Have you seen the documentation on this drone? Puny release notes.

The full manual is available for download at dji.com downloads, it should also be available in the fly app now.
2020-5-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Trolls love hit the Downvote thing ....  it should give a shock at every touch lol
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lee82gx Posted at 5-15 21:03
Hello guys,
Lets keep it objective. Please know that the beta of the Fly App + Mavic Air 2 actually HAD the gimbal sensitivity controls.

Fully agree, this is about finding if and when we might see these two features implemented.
2020-5-16
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 01:43
The full manual is available for download at dji.com downloads, it should also be available in the fly app now.

Hi There is no manual for the Mavic Air 2, at least not where I am seeing. Maybe for the Fly app, but not the product itself.And when you look at the DJI Fly App it says it's compatible for the Mavic Mini.

2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-16 06:15
Hi There is no manual for the Mavic Air 2, at least not where I am seeing. Maybe for the Fly app, but not the product itself.And when you look at the DJI Fly App it says it's compatible for the Mavic Mini.

I already have the manual I’ll see if I can find the link for you.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-16 06:15

Here’s the link, you can download or print.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vlas Posted at 5-15 16:34

I think like all dji craft SDK will be released and third parties like litchi will row in it takes a little while but it will come.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_8YMH2TJSkHuh
New
Flight distance : 4879 ft
Spain

It's my first drone and I was so excited about it. DJI please, fix the gimbal speed control and the sensitivity settings I don't want to refund the drone back to shop. I bought the drone for amazing footage.

2020-5-16
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:30
I think like all dji craft SDK will be released and third parties like litchi will row in it takes a little while but it will come.

Fingers crossed.
2020-5-16
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Skraeling Posted at 5-15 17:12

Like the M2P Waypoint Feature that took almost a year ?
2020-5-16
Use props
Naidu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17792 ft
United States

Hopefully these two features will come soon.
2020-5-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on Mark, ignore him, you are the bigger man. Thanks for the manual download link. I wonder why it was not released at the same time as the product release. Maybe they wanted to delay disappointing us real beta testers ;-) I rarely have seen a manual without a real revision date, not just year and suedo month like this one.
2020-5-16
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

lee82gx Posted at 5-15 21:03
Hello guys,

I honestly don't think they will fix the 1080p QuickShots, not because they don't feel like it but because their isn't enough computational power in the MA2. It already has trouble processing 8k every 5 seconds, I could maybe see a 2.7k if they can figure out a way to transfer the data for the QuickShots in a more compressed format allowing the camera to have more power. Hopefully we can get that 4k but I wouldn't be too optimistic.
2020-5-16
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

they should fix the 1080p quickshots because that's what they openly specify for it. It would be tantamount to false advertising. The shame here is they can also say it'll come eventually when ALL our hairs are grey but DJI should be better than that.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Stoney. Posted at 5-16 21:09
I honestly don't think they will fix the 1080p QuickShots, not because they don't feel like it but because their isn't enough computational power in the MA2. It already has trouble processing 8k every 5 seconds, I could maybe see a 2.7k if they can figure out a way to transfer the data for the QuickShots in a more compressed format allowing the camera to have more power. Hopefully we can get that 4k but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

I think it will come in option 2.7k and 4k, we’ve seen it with other drones, not implemented at first then updated in FW.
2020-5-16
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 23:36
I think it will come in option 2.7k and 4k, we’ve seen it with other drones, not implemented at first then updated in FW.

Well I really hope that you are right because those are some of the coolest things in DJI drones.
2020-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Stoney. Posted at 5-17 06:45
Well I really hope that you are right because those are some of the coolest things in DJI drones.

They are and very useful particularly when matching up to 4k that most are using, for YT 1080p is fine but yes I think they will be updated . It’s just dji never commit to dates so it causes some to freak out ;+) I suppose if they gave a date and missed it, we’d be all freaking out ;+)::::::
2020-5-17
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 06:52
They are and very useful particularly when matching up to 4k that most are using, for YT 1080p is fine but yes I think they will be updated . It’s just dji never commit to dates so it causes some to freak out ;+) I suppose if they gave a date and missed it, we’d be all freaking out ;+)::::::

Yeah when the Mavic 3 didn't release in January I kinda freaked out and still have no idea when or if it will release anytime soon. With the Mavic Air 2 though I'm not sure I will even need the upgrade unless their is some insane specs on the Mavic 3.
2020-5-17
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This should be interesting attention at  3:56
2020-5-24
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8YMH2TJSkHuh Posted at 5-16 09:39
It's my first drone and I was so excited about it. DJI please, fix the gimbal speed control and the sensitivity settings I don't want to refund the drone back to shop. I bought the drone for amazing footage.

So this is your first drone and for some reason you feel that you really need the gimbal speed control and sensitivity settings when you've never used these settings in the past? The Mavic Air 2 is my 6th DJI drone and not having these is certainly not a deal breaker for me. Fly it and enjoy it
2020-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules