Mavic Air 2 audible warning from controller/app CONSTANTLY
3691 10 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_s3EesJW2XcHl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4285 ft
United States

Is it intended for the app to beep constantly and even frantically when my Air 2 is under 10-11 ft or have an object within 10-11 ft front and/or back? Even with the obstacle avoidance turned off, in all 3 modes this beeping is a bit much... I appreciate the software trying to warn me. But if i'm using it as a tripod to take a nice close up photo... i don't want my App/phone alarming at me.
Is this normal? Are you all experiencing this? Or do i have a defective unit/phone/setting?

2020-5-15
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup, mine beeps also until I gain some height and get away from the "gound clutter."  I haven't looked into how to remedy it yet.
2020-5-15
Use props
Echasketch
lvl.1
United States

K9JDN Posted at 5-15 21:47
Yup, mine beeps also until I gain some height and get away from the "gound clutter."  I haven't looked into how to remedy it yet.

If you happen across a setting i may have missed but it seems pretty limited thus far.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, when turning off the obstacle avoidance and the APAP, the drone will not brake or plan its path, but it will still warn, please turn off the media volume of your mobile phone, you should not hear the sound again.
2020-5-17
Use props
Echasketch
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-17 00:19
Hi there, when turning off the obstacle avoidance and the APAP, the drone will not brake or plan its path, but it will still warn, please turn off the media volume of your mobile phone, you should not hear the sound again.

Or any other warnings like low battery or lost connection. That's what I've been doing, just not my first choice, would prefer to have some control on how sensitive it is if possible down the road.
2020-5-17
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

I have seen some posts saying the controller talk to them? I only hear warning beeps from the controller, not voice. Is there a voice option? I rather hear the nature of the warning, than get a beep requiring me to look at my phone to try and read each time I get a beep...
2020-5-17
Use props
Echasketch
lvl.1
United States

motia Posted at 5-17 10:37
I have seen some posts saying the controller talk to them? I only hear warning beeps from the controller, not voice. Is there a voice option? I rather hear the nature of the warning, than get a beep requiring me to look at my phone to try and read each time I get a beep...
The app from your phone, not the controller, tells me when the home point has been updated. When battery is low. When its returning home, and when its lost connection. Its the same female robot voice as the dji go 4 app.
2020-5-17
Use props
fans49e3985a
lvl.1
United States

This happened to me after 1 day of flights with no crashes. The drone is defective and needs to me fixed now or replaced by DJI.
2020-6-28
Use props
Echasketch
lvl.1
United States

fans49e3985a Posted at 6-28 10:36
This happened to me after 1 day of flights with no crashes. The drone is defective and needs to me fixed now or replaced by DJI.
Sorry to hear yours is defective. But as discussed though annoying, the beeping from the dji fly app is intended when within 10 ft or so of any object front or back, and within 10 ft of the ground.
2020-6-28
Use props
shanekilberg
lvl.1
United States

The beeps start at 20-30 feet, maybe even more.
2020-6-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?
This app is not allowing much customization  . Not everyone flys the same.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules