ADS-B to our benefit.
843 9 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

Now that the Mavic Air 2 has the ADS-B reciever so aircraft can recieve the locations when we fly I was hoping we could use this to our benefit. Just like a geo-zones map there could also be an active aircraft map showing where all planes are and when and where it is safe to fly. We could also send a request to air traffic control to go above that 400 feet law (I live in the US) I personally would love some photos in the clouds and we could use this tech to benefit us and aircraft. They already created the Remote ID software so it shouldnt be too hard of a struggle to code this. When Air Force 1 landed in my city it wouldnt even let my drone take off, so I know that they can control how high it goes no matter what I tell it to do so it's not like we could break the zone map. This was just a cool idea I had let me know what you all think in the replies thanks!
2020-5-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well, first of all you better re-think your ideas based on the fact that the ADS-B device can only listen, not send. It is ADS-B In only.
2020-5-15
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-15 20:10
Well, first of all you better re-think your ideas based on the fact that the ADS-B device can only listen, not send. It is ADS-B In only.

I think that even if can only listen you can still generate a no fly map that it can avoid crashes into. Instead of sending your exact location you could send an area that you would want to fly in based on the 10km distance allowed by occusync. I just thought this would help us jump into the future since some day drones and airplanes will fly side by side, I see that as inevitable.
2020-5-15
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be careful of what you wish for.
2020-5-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Photos in the clouds.. to fly in a cloud should require an IFR flight plan as well as an IFR rating on your pilot license.  It's cool and all to be excited about the hobby and do things while people know you are there but the reality is, life is a lot more restricted than we imagine.

My flight instructor instructed me to fly around clouds, not through them.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

42% of light aircraft use ADSB in the US, how will you find the other 58%........
2020-5-16
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 02:33
42% of light aircraft use ADSB in the US, how will you find the other 58%........

Maybe make all manned and unmanned aircraft required to use ADS-B or it is illegal. That would definitely take a long time but I wouldn't see my idea coming to light for at least within another decade because of the slow process of passing bills. Also it doesn't have to be ADS-B it could be a different receiver just so it could be tracked in any airspace.
2020-5-16
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 5-16 00:49
Photos in the clouds.. to fly in a cloud should require an IFR flight plan as well as an IFR rating on your pilot license.  It's cool and all to be excited about the hobby and do things while people know you are there but the reality is, life is a lot more restricted than we imagine.

My flight instructor instructed me to fly around clouds, not through them.

Yeah I would agree with that and it just seems nowadays that they are willing to put more restrictions in affect when we fly but they are never willing to create something that will benefit us anymore
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Stoney. Posted at 5-16 06:54
Maybe make all manned and unmanned aircraft required to use ADS-B or it is illegal. That would definitely take a long time but I wouldn't see my idea coming to light for at least within another decade because of the slow process of passing bills. Also it doesn't have to be ADS-B it could be a different receiver just so it could be tracked in any airspace.

I think it will develop over time, and the possibilities I’m sure are great for all kinds of things, if it keeps people and equipment safe then I have no doubt it Will be developed .
2020-5-16
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The adoption rate of ADS-B in General Aviation is as low as it is because the cost of installing certified hardware is cost-prohibitive. There are many aircraft (including jets) that are being sold at a fraction of what the airframes are worth because they can't even be retrofitted. I doubt that any of us would be willing to swallow the additional cost of having ADS-B transmitters included in our recreational drones.
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules