751 6 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Hello DJI!
I´am a Mavic AIR user and miss some very important features of the AIR in the new Mavci AIR 2.
The AIR 2 is a very good drone (except the missing side-sensors, and its bigger size over the AIR1) only the new FlyApp ruins a lot of the new improvements over the AIR 1.

Here a list of very important software features DJI have to fix in the FlyAPP (the AIR1 has all this features!)

1) The FlyAPP has no options to adjust the gimbal speed/acceleration/deceleration
2) The Fly APP has no manual picture settings (sharpness, contrast, saturation)
3) The FlyAPP dos'nt support dynamic Homepoints?  ...so if I track me on a boot or ski on a mountain and the drone is low of battery the drone will fly back to the starting point.
4) The AIR2 has nothing like TapFly (on the AIR1) or Waypoints (only in Hyperlaps) ...So we have no option to fly a route and control only the camera/POI by hand or tracking. Please bring this back and add PIO tracking in TapFly or Waypoints to the AIR2.
5) The gesture control of the AIR1 was a very good function to control the drone in tracking mode. I would have loved to see a version 2.0 of it which works also with helmets and glows on.

Please update this points in the FlyAPP (or give us the GO 4 APP for the AIR 2 back) and most of us will switch without big headache from the AIR1 to the AIR2.

// I would love to see a small "MAVIC ACTION", a IA driven, easy to setup action drone with a lot of follow activetrack modes and 360° APAS -  this is the only drone which is totaly missing in your portfolio.

thx
Patrick P.

2020-5-16
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I do not see the battery bar on the Fly app. It's very useful in the other apps
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree gimbal control control expo sensitivity for sticks and control for contrast sharpness.
I would hazard a guess that 95% of people never used or used only once gesture control. Mavic Air didn’t have waypoints.

I wonder how many would give up ocysync, less noise, 48mp photo, 4k60, 1080p 240fps, 34min battery, 8k hyperlapse focus track,  POI3 AT3, and for US users ADSB. To give up all of this for gesture control and tap fly. I’m not sure this would be a good trade. We should remember that Air2 is the same price as it was over two years ago.
All dji drones evolve mavic1 had many features that were not brought forward to M2, but new ones were added, processors may not be big enough to have swelled amounts of features so decisions need to be made, dji are constantly doing surveys with users and I’m sure this drives what’s important and what’s not.
we will get some if not all I mentioned in first paragraph, but there is a limit to what we can demand before we have to pay for it
2020-5-16
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:02
I agree gimbal control control expo sensitivity for sticks and control for contrast sharpness.
I would hazard a guess that 95% of people never used or used only once gesture control. Mavic Air didn’t have waypoints.

We are all in the same boat ;-)

1) thx for your support with gimbal and picture control (without a fix or roadmap for a fix  i will send the AIR 2 in 25 days back to DJI)
2) @ Gesture Control. The point is no one use a feature that does not work well! ;-) ...but with the new AI Tracking algorithm of  the AIR2 Gesture Control 2.0 could be a real killer-feature for active tracking if it works also with helmets and glows.
3) Yes, the Mavic had no Waypoint (sadly) but it had TapFLy (= Waypoints for poor people ^^) ...were the drone flies a straight path and the pilot can control the camera freely without thinking on the movements of the drone. Something like that is not possible with the AIR 2 anymore!
4) I got the AIR over the PRO because i could use it as a "just in case" adventure drone. This selling point is now nearly gone with the AIR2.
I would give a lot up for a smaller size of the AIR2 with side sensors ;-) ... i never had problems with WIFI (we have restriction that don't allow us to go further than 500m away). Yes i love Ocysync but not if the drone/controller gets way bigger. 48mp/8K is a pure fake! 12Mp with AI upscaling (topaz) looks better than DJIs fake 48mp... so iam more than fine with good 12Mp and 4K. 34min battery is also cool but i had no problems with my 3 batteries on the AIR.  

The Mavic 2 Pro can now replace the AIR2 in every important aspect. But it can't replace the AIR1 because of its size and use as a "just in case" drone in your backpack.

5) DJI cuts more flying modes than the added with the AIR2 compared to the AIR1!!! I think it's not too much to ask for only one or two new modes after 2 years in a new drone?  
Further I don't ask for big updates!  I ask for little  important fixes that the AIR1 mostly had already!.
- manual control of the gimbal speed (every DJI drone since can do this)
- manual control of the picture settings (every DJI drone can do this)
-Dynamic Homepoint! (nearly every DJI drone can do this)
-Something like TapFly (every drone over 600$ since the Mavic AIR can do this or more)   where the pilot can focus on the camera while the drone is flying in a direction.  ...something like "Cable cam" (defining a start point A and end point B of the drone) would be also an option if DJI don't want to integrate TapFly or Waypoints.
- POI Tracking in this "TapFly" mode and gesture control 2.0 would have been beside of Hyperlaps the only  2 new modes on the AIR2.
2020-5-16
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoint flight and or the ability to work with Litchi holding me back.
2020-5-16
Use props
brockrock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194760 ft
United States

Don't give up folks.  DJI has a history of adding features to their devices as time goes by.  I would expect more gimbal control and EXP adjustments to be coming soon.
2020-5-16
Use props
Chilebb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146962 ft
  • >>>
Japan

No waypoints in normal mode is dealbreaker, sad
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now