5945 9 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake0590
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23353 ft

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Anyone experienced the Gimbal Motor Overloaded on a Mavic Mini? The error appeared mid flight as you can see from the screenshot from the logs I was only 2 minutes into my flight when the error occured. Camera was working completly fine until this error appeared. Returned the device and inspected the device, Looked fine. Set it off again and worked fine! I've got the DJI Care Plan but don't think it's worth contacting DJI as it's only happened the once!

Would you agree? Any advise would be appricated! Also I'm quite new to the flying DJI and get quite nervous about flying quite far but notice it looses signal after a few metres around 40 metres, is this normal? I knoq it says sometimes I'm limited to 150 metres altiatude but never even got close to that without hitting a weak signal notifcation.

Thanks
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 18.05.20.png
2020-5-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

The only time ive had one of these I didnt leave enough ground clearance and the camera didnt cycle correctly.
2020-5-16
Use props
Jake0590
lvl.2

United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 5-16 09:21
The only time ive had one of these I didnt leave enough ground clearance and the camera didnt cycle correctly.

Just odd that the camera was working completely fine then the next it decided to point to the clouds and kept trying to force itself up. Did a RTH and looked over and then made sure the camera could move and began to work again
2020-5-16
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jake0590 Posted at 5-16 09:40
Just odd that the camera was working completely fine then the next it decided to point to the clouds and kept trying to force itself up. Did a RTH and looked over and then made sure the camera could move and began to work again

Perhaps something jammed the gimbal while in flight? Twig? Leaf?
2020-5-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You have to begin bagging a culture on CHANNELS ;) Try using MANUAL frequency and channel selection, and consider the graphics' bars become busy (red) when there is modulation, not when there's a static carrier signal.

Possibile causes for gimbal overload: stuck dust or speck level debris (possibly acquired during take-off and landings) or usage of clip-on filters. Try to move the unpowered gimbal manually, blow compressed air moderately in the crevices around and above it. If you can start-up the drone and find out exactly during the gimbal check what axis gives the problem (should it happen egain) you could try to lube the gimbal should the air alone not work. PTFE are a good idea for dusty environments, I personally use silicone oils.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In this case it’s almost certainly caused by a gust of wind. We very often see gimbal overload when extreme breaking occurs during windy conditions. Most times it’s nothing to worry about and a simple calibration is worthwhile preforming.

Dust has absolutely nothing to do with this, not sure why it would be even suggested.Do not use any silicone oils on your drone, they are pretty much useless and will void your warranty, it seems this fool around the forum seems to have no problems giving out ridiculous information.
2020-5-16
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Funny you should post this...

Just today I was flying and landed it to talk with my neighbor. Left the aircraft, controller, and phone on, when I went to take off again I got the same error. It cleared itself once I got in the air.

I'm still using the original firmware and original app version from last December.

I have no idea what caused it but it didn't stop me from flying and taking photos.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Jake0590, may I know if the drone flew aggressively during the flight? If so, the error may appear. Please try to calibrate the gimbal and check if the error would appear frequently.
Regarding the flight distance, please fly the drone in open areas, avoid obstacles and interference, which may block the signal and impact the signal.
Please make sure that the drone has been updated. Distance should be greater than height during flight.
Also, the position of the antennas makes a great effort, too. Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Please ensure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
See if this helps.
2020-5-24
Use props
Jake0590
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 5-24 22:40
Hi Jake0590, may I know if the drone flew aggressively during the flight? If so, the error may appear. Please try to calibrate the gimbal and check if the error would appear frequently.
Regarding the flight distance, please fly the drone in open areas, avoid obstacles and interference, which may block the signal and impact the signal.
Please make sure that the drone has been updated. Distance should be greater than height during flight.

Hello,

No, the drone was moving slowly forward over a lake at the time and then the gimbel just began pointing towards the sky and saying Gimbel Overloaded. I couldn’t replicate the issue once I landed it and moved the Gimbel Back into its original range area. It seem to got itself stuck point up.
2020-5-25
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

Yesterday I did a total reconditioning also replaced all the props.
Today I received the message: GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOADED.
I flew in MODE C, not full throttle, over a small canal.
RTH double-checked everything.
Restarted the drone, no problems appeared!

Here you can see how GIMBAL behaved:
https://dacke.it/DJI_0751.MP4
https://dacke.it/DJI_0751.MP4
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules