Props on or Props off?
947 9 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Maybe I'm just getting a bit paranoid, but is it fine to keep the props on the Mavic Air 2 when in the bag? I'm hearing all this stuff about the Mavic Mini props getting all mangled and warped, and I don't want that happening too quickly on the MA2.

I know that the MM has super flimsy props, and the MA2 props seem solid but I just wanted the opinions of others. The Phantom 3 SE I had had rock-solid props so I never worried about them for that drone.

If it's better to keep the props off, are the axles going to be okay considering that they'll be exposed like that?

2020-5-16
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it was me I'd keep them on.
2020-5-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine is being stored props on. They seem stronger than the mavic mini ones and i cant see how in the bag they might get deformed.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

On but always give them a once over before flying.
2020-5-16
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the advice everyone! I guess I'll keep them on and look them over before each flight to make sure nothing is off!
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ICDroneSE, it is recommended to detach the propellers when storing in the bag or during the transportation.
2020-5-17
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-17 03:22
Hi ICDroneSE, it is recommended to detach the propellers when storing in the bag or during the transportation.

Good to know, thank you!
2020-5-17
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

I keep them on and turn them inward so that the tips cross over each other and don't move around. Seems pretty secure to me.
2020-5-17
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

elektrobank Posted at 5-17 20:49
I keep them on and turn them inward so that the tips cross over each other and don't move around. Seems pretty secure to me.
[view_image]

Interesting.. I'll give that a shot. I'm planning on just putting those foam spacers on the motors during transport but I'll definitely try that if it gets to be too much of a hassle.
2020-5-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-17 21:02
Interesting.. I'll give that a shot. I'm planning on just putting those foam spacers on the motors during transport but I'll definitely try that if it gets to be too much of a hassle.

Aloha ICDSE,

Elektrobank makes a very good point as does 007.  Mindy speaks for DJI and very sensibly at that.  Whenever there is a concern, act conservatively.  Take the props off.  

This applies to even the sticks.  If the sticks are kept in a distorted position, metal memory will require that you calibrate the sticks repeatedly until they return to the original condition.  Otherwise you will get a tendency for the bird to rotate or move in an odd direction.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules