DJI Fly w/ AirSense Phone/Tablet Processing Requirements
486 5 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hanzman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1895167 ft
United States

Hearing reports that the iPad mini 4 is choking on the DJI Fly app while flying the Mavic Air 2 - particularly when AirSence is enabled.  I haven't received my MA2 yet but was hoping to fly it with my iPad mini 4.  Can anybody help me substantiate these reported problems? What is the minimum processing power required by a phone or tablet to run the DJI Fly app with the MA2 without issues?
2020-5-16
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

I’ll be trying mine with both an iPad air2 and iPhone 6s+, but my iPhone had no issues running it on my mavic mini.  No reason it should on this either.
2020-5-16
Use props
jathielen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24941 ft
United States

I have used an iPad Air 1 without issues so don’t know what your mini 4 would have issues.
2020-5-16
Use props
Hanzman
lvl.1
United States

jathielen Posted at 5-16 17:15
I have used an iPad Air 1 without issues so don’t know what your mini 4 would have issues.

I believe the problem comes with the introduction of AirSense.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hanzman, iPad mini 4 is compatible with DJI Fly, you may need the tablet holder which will be released later. Since they are compatible, there should be no issues, may we have the details of ' iPad mini 4 is choking on the DJI Fly app while flying the Mavic Air 2 - particularly when AirSence is enabled. '? Where did you read the report?
2020-5-17
Use props
Hanzman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-17 03:26
Hi Hanzman, iPad mini 4 is compatible with DJI Fly, you may need the tablet holder which will be released later. Since they are compatible, there should be no issues, may we have the details of ' iPad mini 4 is choking on the DJI Fly app while flying the Mavic Air 2 - particularly when AirSence is enabled. '? Where did you read the report?

Thank DJI Mindy - A documented example of the problem is here.  Would love any additional insights.  https://youtu.be/EgQlO88yrFo
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules