PH3 Standard Compass Calibration Error
337 6 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TgIkrH85lshK
lvl.1

United States

I just changed out the complete main board on my old PH3 Standard. I can get the RC to conect to the Ac but it just shows camera. I have no control over nothing. I keep getting compass calibration required, and I have tried but it wont calibrate. I have tried in several loacations. I read on another post about checking the compass settings under the Sensor state menu. I got all 0's. I have calibrated the IMU. Its asking for a firmware update but I am afraid too becuase of issues with my old board after the update. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

2020-5-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It sounds like the compass is not connected to the main board. The compass is in one of the legs, and connects via a small cable.
2020-5-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Check the Sensors section of your app settings to confirm whether the compass is connected.
If it shows numbers, it's connected.
2020-5-17
Use props
Dogwreck
lvl.1

United States

Ok I had some cable issues and had to order the 2 antenna cables that run down the legs. So i will have to wait till those come in. Should I order a compass too? I get "Zero" on the Sensors app on everything. I have calibrated the IMU and its says normal. I have a Mavic Air but Im trying to get this PH3 Standard flying to teach my grand kids how to use them.
2020-5-18
Use props
Dogwreck
lvl.1

United States

A question I forgot also, would this cause my RC to have no effect whatsoever on the AC as well? I get a camera view and that's it. I cant control the gimbal, obviously no AC controls at all. One thing I didnt mention is that the Compass conector is plugged in to the board.
2020-5-18
Use props
Dogwreck
lvl.1

United States

OK I just hooked my old Main board back up and I do not get a compass error. I get reading on the Sensor screen in my app. I guess the board i got is faulty.  My old board is ruined though because I tried the antenna jumper thing because it was returning home after about 100 ft out. So i guess I need to return this board and get a new one.
2020-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dogwreck Posted at 5-18 07:26
Ok I had some cable issues and had to order the 2 antenna cables that run down the legs. So i will have to wait till those come in. Should I order a compass too? I get "Zero" on the Sensors app on everything. I have calibrated the IMU and its says normal. I have a Mavic Air but Im trying to get this PH3 Standard flying to teach my grand kids how to use them.

Should I order a compass too? I get "Zero" on the Sensors app on everything.
If your Sensors settings show zero for the compass, it's not connected.
The two possibilities are that either:
One of the fine wires to the compass is broken  .. or
The compass sensor connection to the mainboard is loose.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules