Mavic Mini Flyaway May 12th 2020
1882 12 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_y0oqPeksWH5b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10781 ft
United States

Just wondering If I was really in the wrong, if there's anyone that can help and take a look at my flight I would appreciate it.
I did noticed when looking at my flight there was a massive amount of Warning Not Enought Force/ ESC error and I did s search and I see people are saying it's a Drone Issue.
Wind on that day was 14mph drone is able to fly 17mph wind which is on DJI Box i think.

I recently lost my Drone **Flyaway Drone** the weather was nice the wind 14mph.  So when I contacted DJI and explained the details that I only had the Drone (Mavic Mini) for 2 days and it flew away and would not respond it was unresponsive, the representative quickly suggested it was a flyaway. I thought I would be okay since I previosly bought the DJI Refresh. He said I will receive an email and should provide certain information they would require. So I got the Email from DJI asking to provide the flight accident details, date and time, location, and accident description aswell as flight records and flight data which will be important in judging if the accident is a pilot error or product error.
I had no clue what to do I had to go online and research on how to get this information took me sometime but I was able to. I submitted all the information and next couple of days I received an Email from Katy from the Data analysis team, provided me with my case number and we have finished the analsysis, and the results is as follows:
1. The GPS signal was weak and the aircraft took off under OPTI mode.
2. Flight Time T=00:19, Relative Height H=3 m, the aircraft entered the GPS mode and the Home point was recorded successfully ;
3. Flight Time T=02:06, Relative Height H=5.6 m, D=35.8 m, RTH was triggered by the pilot, but the aircraft could not return home normally due to the strong wind;
4. T=02:33, H=19.9 m, D=142.6 m, the warning of "Strong wind warning. Aircraft unable to return to home automatically. Lower altitude immediately and return to home manually" appeared;
5. T=02:35, H=22.2m, D=151 m, the aircraft tilted 14.9 degrees forward to resist the wind, but it was still blown away at the speed of 4.3 m/s, which indicated that there was strong wind affecting the aircraft;
6. T=14:08, H=29.9 m, D=2388.1 m, Battery=6 %, Landing was triggered due to the critically low battery level;
7. T=14:47, H=-9.2 m, D=2591.6 m, Battery=3 %, the flight record ended when the aircraft descended at the speed of 0.9 m/s;
8. The Home Point: 40.8346292 -73.8168697; The last recorded coordinate: 40.8216787 -73.7912606.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by an improper flight environment. Please do not fly the aircraft under the high wind conditions.

If you could not recover the product and consider purchasing another one, we can offer you a 15% off discount for Mavic Mini aircraft without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Thank for your support, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Katy
DJI Technical Support
YouTube:http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

MM_Drone_Battery_power.png
MM_Drone_Diag.1.png
MM_Drone_Diag.2.png
MM_Drone_Diag.3.png
MM_Drone_Diag.4.png
MM_Drone_Diag.5.png
MM_Drone_Flyaway&Detail.png
MM_Drone_Weather.png
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize for your loss, 'Not Enought Force/ ESC error' prompt will display when the aircraft encounters a strong air resistance (such as a strong wind) during the hovering or when the battery is low. When the prompt appears, it means that the current environment and power are not suitable for a continued flight. It is recommended to land as soon as possible, replace the battery or change the environment.

The higher you fly, the stronger the wind will be, the DJI Fly APP has also pop-up the high wind warning, we will escalate your concern to the related team to see whether there is better resolution could be provided, please note the email update, thank you.
2020-5-20
Use props
Pdee137
lvl.1
United States

Hello Mindy thanks for the information and for reaching out to me. If you take a look the drone was only 18.7  ft altitude and 96 ft. home distance. While flying it I noticed that it was having an issue and I pressed the RTH button and battery was at 90%. If you look at MM_Drone_Diag.1.png. C 02m 06s and the drone just took off on it's own just flew higher up and was not responding I tried bringing it down and getting no response it just was flying higher. Also I was searching the forum and found this : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205305 on last video how to fix it this guy is suggesting that the board needs to be replaced if this is an issue ( video 8:18 - 8:50 ).  Also I have the DJI refresh, I've been in touch with DJI via Email and was only offered 15% since I cannot recover the drone.
2020-5-21
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Pdee137 Posted at 5-21 06:03
Hello Mindy thanks for the information and for reaching out to me. If you take a look the drone was only 18.7  ft altitude and 96 ft. home distance. While flying it I noticed that it was having an issue and I pressed the RTH button and battery was at 90%. If you look at MM_Drone_Diag.1.png. C 02m 06s and the drone just took off on it's own just flew higher up and was not responding I tried bringing it down and getting no response it just was flying higher. Also I was searching the forum and found this : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205305 on last video how to fix it this guy is suggesting that the board needs to be replaced if this is an issue ( video 8:18 - 8:50 ).  Also I have the DJI refresh, I've been in touch with DJI via Email and was only offered 15% since I cannot recover the drone.

To be truthful. How many warning messages you need to accept the fact. The drone entered the high wind location. Unable to navigate properly. Also the wind depleted you battery quickly as usual..
You should turning your drone back at least a second warning. Hope you learn you lesson and next time will fly more.  wisely  Good luck and wish you well.
2020-5-28
Use props
Pdee137
lvl.1
United States

Beckie Posted at 5-28 08:02
To be truthful. How many warning messages you need to accept the fact. The drone entered the high wind location. Unable to navigate properly. Also the wind depleted you battery quickly as usual..
You should turning your drone back at least a second warning. Hope you learn you lesson and next time will fly more.  wisely  Good luck and wish you well.

Hey Beckie thank you for your suggestion, and yes I did learn my lesson and a hard one at that.
I only had my drone for two days I admit I'm not an expert,  I'm new to this Drone scene. Had i known that the Mavic mini had wind issues, I would've went with the Mavic 2 which could push through wind much better. Btw I don't think navigation was the issue also the wind was 14 mph and from what I know it can fly in up to 17mph. That's like you driving and your steering wheel locks up and you can't steer you car.  Beckie when I lost my drone I was searching and saw a youtube video where someone was testing it 20-25 mph and it did well no issues I guess some people are lucky. I did try the RTH button asap, and so what's the purpose of the RTH button when I pressed it several time and the Drone would not respond and just flew off into a different direction from home I was like where in world is it going home is not that way.  Also I search Mavic Mini flyaways and there's alot out there, therefore i'm not the only one with flyaway. Thanks
2020-5-28
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Pdee137 Posted at 5-28 08:56
Hey Beckie thank you for your suggestion, and yes I did learn my lesson and a hard one at that.
I only had my drone for two days I admit I'm not an expert,  I'm new to this Drone scene. Had i known that the Mavic mini had wind issues, I would've went with the Mavic 2 which could push through wind much better. Btw I don't think navigation was the issue also the wind was 14 mph and from what I know it can fly in up to 17mph. That's like you driving and your steering wheel locks up and you can't steer you car.  Beckie when I lost my drone I was searching and saw a youtube video where someone was testing it 20-25 mph and it did well no issues I guess some people are lucky. I did try the RTH button asap, and so what's the purpose of the RTH button when I pressed it several time and the Drone would not respond and just flew off into a different direction from home I was like where in world is it going home is not that way.  Also I search Mavic Mini flyaways and there's alot out there, therefore i'm not the only one with flyaway. Thanks

I do have the mini also. Few times the wind start pushing the drone away. I landed immediately.  I don’t even wait for the second wind warning.. I recommend you to practice the safe flight first. Then when you more confident  you can start experimenting the limits you can do.. I do have several drones from inspire pro to the mini. I do nature photography, so in my case experience several flight conditions.. It’s could be nice and sunny , no wind. Next minute  when a drone clime the 2000feet mountain it’s sudden changes.
Turbulence, high winds moist air etc.. I learned quick to chose the proper drone for different  applications.
Recommend you to make the deal with DJI  and buy the Mavic air 2 for learning Instead the mini.
Chairs.
2020-5-28
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Beckie thank you for your suggestion, and yes I did learn my lesson and a hard one at that.
I only had my drone for two days I admit I'm not an expert,  I'm new to this Drone scene. Had i known that the Mavic mini had wind issues, I would've went with the Mavic 2 which could push through wind much better. Btw I don't think navigation was the issue also the wind was 14 mph and from what I know it can fly in up to 17mph. That's like you driving and your steering wheel locks up and you can't steer you car.  Beckie when I lost my drone I was searching and saw a youtube video where someone was testing it 20-25 mph and it did well no issues I guess some people are lucky. I did try the RTH button asap, and so what's the purpose of the RTH button when I pressed it several time and the Drone would not respond and just flew off into a different direction from home I was like where in world is it going home is not that way.  Also I search Mavic Mini flyaways and there's alot out there, therefore i'm not the only one with flyaway. Thanks

I do have the mini also. Few times the wind start pushing the drone away. I landed immediately.  I don’t even wait for the second wind warning.. I recommend you to practice the safe flight first. Then when you more confident  you can start experimenting the limits you can do.. I do have several drones from inspire pro to the mini. I do nature photography, so in my case experience several flight conditions.. It’s could be nice and sunny , no wind. Next minute  when a drone clime the 2000feet mountain it’s sudden changes.
Turbulence, high winds moist air etc.. I learned quick to chose the proper drone for different  applications.
Recommend you to make the deal with DJI  and buy the Mavic air 2 for learning Instead the mini.
Chairs.
2020-5-28
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Chairs.
2020-5-28
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Chairs.
2020-5-28
Use props
Pdee137
lvl.1
United States

Beckie Posted at 5-28 11:32

Cool nice pic, thanks for all the information how can I work out a deal with DJI in order to get the Mavic 2 ?
2020-5-29
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Pdee137 Posted at 5-29 05:39
Cool nice pic, thanks for all the information how can I work out a deal with DJI in order to get the Mavic 2 ?

Hi Well they offer you 15%  discount on your next mini. Try just ask nicely to use this discount on your air 2. . You also upgrade for a more expensive bird. Also promise you the 15%.  If you sign up for email notification automatically get 5% discount.
Good luck.
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_22l4zEIVGN88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 648209 ft
United States

Beckie Posted at 5-28 08:02

well first off i want to say your pics are beautiful, secondly though to come at a newcomer learning to fly with a response like , "how many warnings do you need to accept the fact." to accept what exactly...thatnhe may have bee close to exceeding the recommended allowances of the drone.. that IS what those warnings are for...be aware...but as he stated it says it can handle more than that TWENTY TWO mph actually...so dji was definitely in the wrong. if it can handle 22mph they should give a critical alert around 20 "to be truthful" these forums are supposed to be to help and encourage people not make someone feel incompetant or discouraged.....imean the dude basically just threw away 4-500 bucks for doing everything they listed was OK...wind under 22mph,within range, got nervous or worried and hit return to home which also failed...shame on dji for one, and im sure the LAST response he wants to hear is a response like , "well iit told ya so." fro some almighty brighty oops thats not your screen name its beckie, my bad.. and while were at it in your infinite wisdom and flying skill before your judgements could you look at that flight map again and tell me how he could have possibly done ANYTHING any differently, or as you say landed IMMEDIATELY..I mean call me crazy but my mini wouldnt land well in all that blue stuff...just wondering if yours does...and Pdee137 so sorry this happened to you...in my opinion yu SHOULD hold dji responsible as you were well in the specs...i feel your pain thugh as im dealing with a crash at the moment myself
2020-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beckie Posted at 5-28 11:31

Beautiful composition. Thanks for the share.
2020-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules