Point of interest on Mini?
4631 10 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

Is it possible to Helix around an inanimate object with Mavic Mini?

I do recall seeing a "+" sign on the screen without a person in the picture but maybe only once or twice. How can I do a helix around something like a building?

2020-5-20
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

Day 3 of non stop rain or I would go outside and try for you but......manual says, “ Select your target subject in the camera view by tapping the circle on the subject or dragging a box around the subject. ”.  

Don’t remember which quick shot I used, but I have targeted an object for one of the modes before and it worked perfectly.
2020-5-20
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've yet to try this. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll give it a try later.
2020-5-20
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

you tap the plus + and drag it over object or group which shades it green. it won't start Quick shots until you do. hope that helps
2020-5-20
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
United States

The only time I get the "+" indicator is when doing a Quickshot with a person in the picture. I want to do it around a building but don't see the "+".
2020-5-20
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Hello there, I have tried using circle/orbit on POI, just draw a box around an object and it should work. A word of warning though, I think in the MM, DJI have limited the radius of the orbit. So if your POI is a huge building (I tried it on a church), your mini might just do a circle in front of the church (mine nearly slammed into the church) so keep an eye on your MM.

Second thing is the MM might lose recognition of the buiding as the angle turns and colour/features might change and the quickshot will terminate halfway through. So it is good to look for highest point that does not change much from every angle to lock on to (flag pole, domes etc). Worst things is losing connection behind a building, halfway through quickshot and your MM RTH activates and slam it into the POI.
2020-5-20
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
United States

The issue I have is "just draw a box around an object ". I will try this some more but haven't had much luck so far.
2020-5-21
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

Can you show a screenshot of what the drone sees?
2020-5-21
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 5-20 23:25
Hello there, I have tried using circle/orbit on POI, just draw a box around an object and it should work. A word of warning though, I think in the MM, DJI have limited the radius of the orbit. So if your POI is a huge building (I tried it on a church), your mini might just do a circle in front of the church (mine nearly slammed into the church) so keep an eye on your MM.

Second thing is the MM might lose recognition of the buiding as the angle turns and colour/features might change and the quickshot will terminate halfway through. So it is good to look for highest point that does not change much from every angle to lock on to (flag pole, domes etc). Worst things is losing connection behind a building, halfway through quickshot and your MM RTH activates and slam it into the POI.

Yeah the software looks for people as a focal point, it's not a point of interest like on the MA2. You shouldn't use it on a building.
2020-5-21
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
United States

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 5-21 17:53
Can you show a screenshot of what the drone sees?

I took it out last night and you were right. I was able to draw a box around pretty much whatever I wanted. I was looking for the "+" sign to pop up on something instead of drawing the box.

The next step is to practice the quickshots on the stationary objects and I'll use the advice here for starters...not too large or it might crash into the building, etc.
2020-5-22
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 5-22 04:02
I took it out last night and you were right. I was able to draw a box around pretty much whatever I wanted. I was looking for the "+" sign to pop up on something instead of drawing the box.

The next step is to practice the quickshots on the stationary objects and I'll use the advice here for starters...not too large or it might crash into the building, etc.

Congrats, enjoy your MM!
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules