MA2 Processor chip overheated Code: 30136 / 30185
6154 23 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4af89851
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16588 ft
United States

Anyone else getting an overheated error? The brand new drone, one of my first flights and almost lost the drone. I thought it was due to trying the new 4K 60fps but it just did it again at 4K 30fps tracking me. This sucks.

Once it overheats, I lose control of the drone as the screen feezes. The drone wants to return home. The last time I was under the trees which would have caused a crash. Luckily the only control that works on the controller is the elevation and I got it by pulling it down, grabbing it in the air, and flip it to shut down. It did the same thing the second time and I got it to do it while not in flight, which is how I finally got to see the code.

Chatting with DJI now. /

Update: Not sure if its Covid 19 or what... but customer service is very slow now. Im asking for a refund...
2020-5-20
Use props
beaulebens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27182 ft
United States

There are a couple of other threads on here about the same thing. I’m seeing it as well. Just did a test flight with a different battery and didn’t get it, so am going to try all batteries in my set to see if it’s maybe related, but is really annoying.
2020-5-20
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

beaulebens Posted at 5-20 19:15
There are a couple of other threads on here about the same thing. I’m seeing it as well. Just did a test flight with a different battery and didn’t get it, so am going to try all batteries in my set to see if it’s maybe related, but is really annoying.

That’s a good idea. I did have a flight where I had zero problems. I will do that the same tomorrow. Thank you!
2020-5-20
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

DJI just wants me to send it in for repair.. this sucks. Person in chat didn’t seem to know anything about it and even if I should return the drone alone or with everything.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans4af89851. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please power on the aircraft and let it sit idle for a while, then check whether the fan spins. If the fan rotates, please upload the flight records and flight controller log. If it does not rotate, please send the product back for diagnosis.
Here's the link to initiate an Online Repair Request. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-21
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-21 01:30
Hi, fans4af89851. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please power on the aircraft and let it sit idle for a while, then check whether the fan spins. If the fan rotates, please upload the flight records and flight controller log. If it does not rotate, please send the product back for diagnosis.
Here's the link to initiate an Online Repair Request. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

The inner fan turns on just fine, almost immediately after turning on the aircraft. I have the flight records, it did it 2  out of the 7 times I flew it. should I upload all 7 files or just the 2 that failed? and to where?
2020-5-21
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-21 01:30
Hi, fans4af89851. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please power on the aircraft and let it sit idle for a while, then check whether the fan spins. If the fan rotates, please upload the flight records and flight controller log. If it does not rotate, please send the product back for diagnosis.
Here's the link to initiate an Online Repair Request. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

@DJI Gamora Like I said, fan kicks in just fine.
Below are the two flights where it overheated and I almost lost the drone. Looks like it gave code 30185. In panic I did not catch the code.
I got it to overheat twice again by just recording while not in flight, it stop recording and asked to be restarted. It gives me code 30136. I took a screen shot, attached.

https://app.airdata.com/share/ZloHWi
https://app.airdata.com/share/JNLUaU

2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_bacGRlQgyAL5
New

United States

I am also disappointed that the same problem occurred. Do I have to send this for repair?
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_VRAB3CnsU8b7
lvl.1

United States

I've gotten the same message on every flight except one for two day.  The exception was after the ambient temperature had dropped to about 70F.  On the flights where the processor overheated it was in the 80's.  The flight times ranged from 15 minutes to as short as 5 minutes before it overheated.   I can hear the fan and feel air being exhausted.  There don't seem to be any obstructions to airflow.
2020-5-24
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_bacGRlQgyAL5 Posted at 5-24 13:02
I am also disappointed that the same problem occurred. Do I have to send this for repair?

Unfortunately they weren’t much help. They wanted me to send it for repair which I think it’s the worst thing a company can offer after a customer paid $1000!!! It would take a month to get back to flying.
I asked for a refund and ordered a second drone while they get the refund processed.
2020-5-24
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_VRAB3CnsU8b7 Posted at 5-24 13:12
I've gotten the same message on every flight except one for two day.  The exception was after the ambient temperature had dropped to about 70F.  On the flights where the processor overheated it was in the 80's.  The flight times ranged from 15 minutes to as short as 5 minutes before it overheated.   I can hear the fan and feel air being exhausted.  There don't seem to be any obstructions to airflow.
Same here. Fan kicks in. Although, I can’t figure out if the grill behind the camera is suppose to be a fake one like mine is.
2020-5-24
Use props
bwaler
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3314541 ft
United States

My guess would be the thermal paste on the processors wasn't applied well or there wasn't enough of it. See video at the 2 minute mark.

2020-5-25
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
United States

bwaler Posted at 5-25 04:49
My guess would be the thermal paste on the processors wasn't applied well or there wasn't enough of it. See video at the 2 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/9Uy9QNidi1U?t=128

Wow that video was a great watch!
2020-5-25
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. fan is on. It happens when recording video of any frame rate or resolution. I can’t get more than 1min flight before it returns to home and I can’t cancel it or manually land it. Ambient temp outside is 70 degrees F and the fans sound just fine/normal. What is going on DJI??!!
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gutiejorJAG Posted at 5-21 07:56
@DJI Gamora Like I said, fan kicks in just fine.
Below are the two flights where it overheated and I almost lost the drone. Looks like it gave code 30185. In panic I did not catch the code.
I got it to overheat twice again by just recording while not in flight, it stop recording and asked to be restarted. It gives me code 30136. I took a screen shot, attached.

Sorry for the trouble, please submit an online repair request using the link that I had provided above. Once you submitted an online repair request, please have the case number and send an email to support@dji.com with case number and provide us the uploaded flight logs. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-5-30
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suppose I'll wait for the MP3 (the quad, not the music file format) then. The Texas heat here might be a major issue for the MA2 if it's overhearing even at 70 degrees F. It easily gets hotter than 100 degrees here for several weeks a year.
2020-5-30
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bwaler Posted at 5-25 04:49
My guess would be the thermal paste on the processors wasn't applied well or there wasn't enough of it. See video at the 2 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/9Uy9QNidi1U?t=128

What would you do if this is the case?  Do you know the type of paste they used or could one use regular CPU thermal paste?  
2020-5-31
Use props
bwaler
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3314541 ft
United States

Natemare13 Posted at 5-31 04:24
What would you do if this is the case?  Do you know the type of paste they used or could one use regular CPU thermal paste?

I'm no expert on the problem but I would assume CPU thermal paste would be sufficient.
2020-6-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had that happen to me flying the Spark in 105 degree temperature.
2020-6-20
Use props
Lampengeist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Germany

here Natemare13 has fixed the overheating problem. I don't recommend to do that, it's only for information so you can see where the problem comes from:https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217010

Also with my MA2 the fan starts round about two minutes after switching it on. So if it starts immediately it seems that there is some thermal paste missing or bad attached.

2020-6-20
Use props
fans8506bccd
lvl.1

Australia

Man it sucks these new drones are plagued with such crap issues

I am waiting for my brand new replacement and I hope mine doenst have this

First time it was the gimbal motor overload.
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_5p0bEWsm7cAK
New

United States

I have an overheating issue with mine too. Fortunately it will not let me fly.
2021-1-4
Use props
COOLDR73
New

Australia

Good Afternoon,  I have a DJI Mavic Mini, error code 30136 overheating issue, any ideas on a quick fix please, I can see a error code listing but not for 30136. any info would be appreciated.
mini turns on and does self test and then turns off?
thanks in advance.
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_uGHbZWQkVRPb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2312231 ft
Chile

Que puedo hacer dji? Tengo el mismo problema, tengo secuestrado mi drone en un servicio técnico aprobado por dji, hace dos meses que lo tengo ahí y no hay ni una solución! Ya no puedo seguir esperando, que puedo hacer?
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules