Gimbal Issues
625 4 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeSP04
lvl.1
Australia

We have done the gimbal calibration and now getting - "gimbal motor load too large. Please check if the gimbal clamp has been removed" - which it has. Is this fixable or does it need a repair ??
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi George,  is there anything happen before this issue starts, like a crash or hard landing?  Are you able to finish the gimbal calibration? Is the gimbal behave normally when you power the drone up?
2020-5-20
Use props
GeorgeSP04
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-20 23:25
Hi George,  is there anything happen before this issue starts, like a crash or hard landing?  Are you able to finish the gimbal calibration? Is the gimbal behave normally when you power the drone up?

Hi Natalia, No nothing has happened previously like a crash or hard landing. Just hadn't used the drone for a couple of months then when I switched it on to fly the gimbal spasmed then I got these error Messages "Error.Precsion Hovering and Landing" and "Protection may fail"  and "Downward Vision Sensor Calibration" Did the gimbal calibration and it completed and then I got the next error messages as per the previous post. The drone will fly but the camera isn't stable.
2020-5-21
Use props
GeorgeSP04
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Natalia, No nothing has happened previously like a crash or hard landing. Just hadn't used the drone for a couple of months then when I switched it on to fly the gimbal spasmed then I got these error Messages "Error.Precsion Hovering and Landing" and "Protection may fail"  and "Downward Vision Sensor Calibration" Did the gimbal calibration and it completed and then I got the next error messages as per the previous post. The drone will fly but the camera isn't stable.
2020-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GeorgeSP04 Posted at 5-21 15:42
Hi Natalia, No nothing has happened previously like a crash or hard landing. Just hadn't used the drone for a couple of months then when I switched it on to fly the gimbal spasmed then I got these error Messages "Error.Precsion Hovering and Landing" and "Protection may fail"  and "Downward Vision Sensor Calibration" Did the gimbal calibration and it completed and then I got the next error messages as per the previous post. The drone will fly but the camera isn't stable.

Is the firmware up to date?  Please update the firmware to see if there is a chance. If the issue remains, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. Here is a link below for your reference to start a repair case.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules