FAA Ruling
1406 2 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goodrichodyssey
lvl.1

United States

What does the user community think of this ruling by the FAA. Made a short new segment on "CBS This Morning". I do not know the facts of the case in detail, but it seems that the government is trying to place some fear in the mind the people who maybe thinking of purchasing a drone for the holiday season. I think DJI needs to get out in front of this with some type of comment.

New from November 18–The National Transportation Safety Board today affirmed the FAA’s position that the regulation prohibiting operation of an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner applies to unmanned aircraft.
The FAA appealed a decision by an NTSB Administrative Law Judge in Huerta v. Pirker, after the judge dismissed the Agency’s order requiring Raphael Pirker to pay a civil penalty of $10,000 for operating an unmanned aircraft in a careless or reckless manner at the University of Virginia in October 2011.

2014-11-19
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Check this already existing topic
2014-11-19
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

swomilan Posted at 2014-11-20 00:04
Check this already existing topic

Here in the UK, the news is making issues about uncontrolled drone use and the possibility of criminal activity with such drones.
Its a hot topic and and easy target for them.
The funny thing is, BBC always use the Phantoms picture in such reports....

The more awareness that is raised on this terrible plight gives the authorities enough reason to question every persons usage of such craft.  The reality is, there is a small minority of novice legally ignorant people who are flouting the law and getting great shots, but flying over the houses of parliament, secret nuclear submarine bases and tourist attractions, then posting it online etc...  is just asking for trouble.

The UK police have used footage on YouTube to prosecute drivers of cars for various offences, from their own evidence,  this should be a lesson learnt for anyone that posts online....

I'm expecting a big boom on sales this xmas and with it, a big purge on prosecutions.....

Stay safe and watch ya back!
2014-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules