(Code: 30135) Aircraft processor chip overheating!
12843 32 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119364 ft
United States

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has encountered this situation with thier brand new straight out off the box, Mavic Air 2. I have not even been able to start the motors on because I get CODE: 30135 Aircraft processor chip overheating. Power off aircraft and wait for temperature to return to normal. Boy what a disappiontment this was. It starts getting hot within a couple of minutes. By the time I got all the updates done, it was shutting itself off and it was very hot. I would have been too afraid to fly it anywhere far, but it won't even start the motors. I thought that I could try to use the camera at least, but it just give me CODE: 30135.
2020-5-23
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

2020-5-23
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

CODE: 30135 Aircraft processor chip overheating.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has encountered this situation with thier brand new straight out off the box, Mavic Air 2. I have not even been able to start the motors on because I get CODE: 30135 Aircraft processor chip overheating. Power off aircraft and wait for temperature to return to normal. Boy what a disappiontment this was. It starts getting hot within a couple of minutes. By the time I got all the updates done, it was shutting itself off and it was very hot. I would have been too afraid to fly it anywhere far, but it won't even start the motors. I thought that I could try to use the camera at least, but it just give me CODE: 30135.
Any information on how to handle replacement, would be greatly appreciated!
DJI SCREEN SHOT.png
2020-5-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That is unfortunate are the fans running?
2020-5-23
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

It's my first "real" drone, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I do not hear a fan at all. I saw a video that said he could hear the fan start  up. Not even when it got so hot that I turned it off, did the fan ever come on.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize that the drone is not performed as expected. Please power on the aircraft and let it sit idle for a while, then check whether the fan spins. If the fan spins, please upload the flight records and flight controller log. If it does not, please send the product back to the repair center for diagnosis.
2020-5-23
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

The fan does not operate. I do not want to send it back to be fixed, I want a NEW one. I just received it! It has never been operated at all.
2020-5-23
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

On initial startup I don't hear any fan noise, but after a minute or two the fan kicks in to cool the processor down. In a quit room I can definitely hear it 3-6m away.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BinkNow Aerial Posted at 5-23 20:37
The fan does not operate. I do not want to send it back to be fixed, I want a NEW one. I just received it! It has never been operated at all.

We will provide the replacement service if it turns out to be a product issue, it is recommended to send back the drone for the diagnosis first, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-23
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 5-23 21:20
On initial startup I don't hear any fan noise, but after a minute or two the fan kicks in to cool the processor down. In a quit room I can definitely hear it 3-6m away.

Thank you for the info!
This pretty much assures me that a defective fan is the problem. I do not hear a fan it all, even after it starts getting hot. It shuts itself off within 7 minutes.
2020-5-24
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-23 22:07
We will provide the replacement service if it turns out to be a product issue, it is recommended to send back the drone for the diagnosis first, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Well it is obvious to me that it is a product issue since it is brand new and won't stay powered up long enough to even do the updates. I will start this process.
2020-5-24
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

On second though, I want to send this back and get a BRAND NEW one! I spent over $1000.00 on this and I am not accepting a repaired drone that may fall out of the sky and be my responsibility. I want to know how I go about packing the whole fly-more combo up and returning it for a brand new model with a different serial number. If you can not help me then please pass this on to your supervisor! THIS CAME DEFECTIVE STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!
2020-5-24
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I AM NOT CLICKING ON THE REPAIR BUTTON AS I AM NOT SETTLING FOR A REPAIR! I want a brand new drone or my money Back!
2020-5-24
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Can you please connect me with someone to help me with returning this DEFECTIVE Mavic Air 2 Fly-more combo?  I know this process needs to be started within 15 days of receiving it, so I need to start the process.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BinkNow Aerial Posted at 5-24 09:37
Can you please connect me with someone to help me with returning this DEFECTIVE Mavic Air 2 Fly-more combo?  I know this process needs to be started within 15 days of receiving it, so I need to start the process.

Hi there, as I mentioned above, the replacement service will be provided if the issue is confirmed by the repair center. The replacement case is not available online, it needs to be created manually by our support team. I see you have sent email to our support team, I will transfer your request and frustration to the team to take care, please note the email response, thank you very much.
2020-5-25
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

The later email response? What exactly does this mean?
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BinkNow Aerial Posted at 5-25 08:49
The later email response? What exactly does this mean?

Sorry for the confusion, please ignore 'later'. Our support team has created the replacement case for your, please send back at your most convenience and our repair center will take care of it, thank you.
2020-5-26
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just started having the same issue. It was fine for a few flights. Then days latter in cold weather with drone fans running I can’t even get 2min flight time without return to home which I can’t stop so it almost crashed into an obstacle. W t f is going on!  This is for a brand new MA2
2020-5-30
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Aw man that sucks! I sure hope my replacement works as it should. I searched youtube for info about overheating. I even asked some of those guys out in the western USA where it gets really hot, and have not heard of this issue at all.Although it is just starting to get hot there. I only had a day or to to research, because I only had about 7 days to return it to get a replacement instead of a repair. You should not have to use your DJI Care or settle for a "REPAIR", when the drone is defective. As far as I know from DJI so far, is that I will get a brand new drone (new serial number). When? Well, my drone is slated to finish it's "Grounded" trip back across the country , from Florida to California in a semi trailer, on Tuesday  June 2nd. Maybe then, I will have an Idea when I will get to make my FIRST Mavic Air 2 flight!
2020-5-30
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Natemare13 Posted at 5-30 06:53
Just started having the same issue. It was fine for a few flights. Then days latter in cold weather with drone fans running I can’t even get 2min flight time without return to home which I can’t stop so it almost crashed into an obstacle. W t f is going on!  This is for a brand new MA2

Heres what I did. I went to the DJI website, scrolled to the bottom to the footer and found "Support". Then clicked on "Product support". On that page I chose Mavic, then Mavic Air 2 from the product choices. I then scrolled all the way down, just above the footer to "Contact Us". I used the "Online Support" tab. I then chose "Product and Technical Support". They offer you videos to watch, but at the bottom it says "Still need help? Contact Online Support. Now when I clicked that I got "Customer service offline. Our hours of operation are 9:00 to 18:00. They don't tell you what country or time zone that they are talking about. But eventually, (sorry I don't remember what time it was) I got "Patrick" who was a very good customer service rep. I had to supply him all the necessary documents, and he got me straightened out. Hopefully!
Still waiting.
Good luck Natemare 13!
2020-5-30
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BinkNow Aerial Posted at 5-30 14:38
Heres what I did. I went to the DJI website, scrolled to the bottom to the footer and found "Support". Then clicked on "Product support". On that page I chose Mavic, then Mavic Air 2 from the product choices. I then scrolled all the way down, just above the footer to "Contact Us". I used the "Online Support" tab. I then chose "Product and Technical Support". They offer you videos to watch, but at the bottom it says "Still need help? Contact Online Support. Now when I clicked that I got "Customer service offline. Our hours of operation are 9:00 to 18:00. They don't tell you what country or time zone that they are talking about. But eventually, (sorry I don't remember what time it was) I got "Patrick" who was a very good customer service rep. I had to supply him all the necessary documents, and he got me straightened out. Hopefully!
Still waiting.
Good luck Natemare 13!

Thanks im going to do that.  Did they offer you a replacement and if so any expedited shipping or do you have to wait a long time to get it?
2020-5-30
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

My defective one won't reach California until June 2nd according to Fedex tracking. So, that will be one week. I processed mine within the 7 day period for replacement as far as I know. Go to the footer and read the "After-Sale Service Policy", there are stipulations. Yours might be handled differently. Check out "DJI General After-Sales Service Flow". I just now found that. (Attached)
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_5RkhYPHdXqlI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178835 ft
Canada

Mine is having the exact same issue. Brand new Mavic Air 2 and on my first flight the overheating code comes up. I also do not want it repaired and want a replacement. I am getting no help to sort this out. It is so frustrating.
2020-6-2
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I'm really sorry to hear that.
I had good results with the return process through the online support tab. I say that because the customer support that I got was great and I got the return processed in less than 7 days (from purchase). That said, I just got UPS conformation that my defective drone has finally reached its destination of Cerritos California, and can only hope that I will SOON have a serviceable, Mavic Air 2 , Fly-More Combo, in route to me. We will see! I will update this post when I know more!
2020-6-2
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Natemare13 Posted at 5-30 18:54
Thanks im going to do that.  Did they offer you a replacement and if so any expedited shipping or do you have to wait a long time to get it?

Supposedly I am getting a replacement. I also sent mine back within 7 days of receiving it (see AFTER-SALES SERVICE POLICIES in the footer of DJI website). I just got UPS conformation that my defective drone has finally reached its destination of Cerritos California (after a week from Florida), and can only hope that I will SOON have a serviceable, Mavic Air 2 , Fly-More Combo, in route to me. We will see! I will update this post when I know more!
If it has been more than 7 day since receiving the drone then I believe you have to go through the repair process. I am in NO WAY an expert on this. I'm a Newbie! This is my first drone purchase and so far, it has not been a positive process. Good luck!
2020-6-2
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I would like to complement DJI customer support for the prompt replacement for my defective Mavic Air 2! By utilizing the online support, I was able to get my drone replaced within 2 weeks, this includes the 5 day shipping each way from Florida to California and back. I would say that was a pretty fast turn-around. Thank you DJI! However... I did have to be diligent and get back on the online support to get my new drone, which by the way, is AWESOME, connected with the DJI Care that I originally ordered with the defective drone. DJI online support route my issue to the correct department, and they are currently working on it. Additionally, I realized that the Micro SD card that I ordered and returned with the first order, was not included. So, I have started another claim for that which is also in the works. I am fairly confident it will all get straightened out. Although I have had only a few very cautious flights, the Mavic Air 2 is great!
2020-6-12
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

My best advice for anyone with a problem with their brand new DJI drone would be, immediately upon receiving it, open it, go through all the proper procedures and attempt to operate it. This way if there is an issue like I had, you can contact DJI "BEFORE" the 7 day period is up. Otherwise, it appears that you may have to settle for a repair. I am sure there are conditions, and I do not know any of this for a fact, other than my own experience, which I can happily say was, so far, a positive experience.
2020-6-12
Use props
DQuadCon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41549 ft
Philippines

Hi Good day, I am encountering this error as well. Almost every time I turn on the aircraft when its warm or hot to the touch. It goes away immediately once the fan kicks in. Any suggestions?
2020-8-11
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

BinkNow Aerial Posted at 6-12 06:56
I would like to complement DJI customer support for the prompt replacement for my defective Mavic Air 2! By utilizing the online support, I was able to get my drone replaced within 2 weeks, this includes the 5 day shipping each way from Florida to California and back. I would say that was a pretty fast turn-around. Thank you DJI! However... I did have to be diligent and get back on the online support to get my new drone, which by the way, is AWESOME, connected with the DJI Care that I originally ordered with the defective drone. DJI online support route my issue to the correct department, and they are currently working on it. Additionally, I realized that the Micro SD card that I ordered and returned with the first order, was not included. So, I have started another claim for that which is also in the works. I am fairly confident it will all get straightened out. Although I have had only a few very cautious flights, the Mavic Air 2 is great!

UPDATE: DJI did send me the micro SD card that I originally bought but returned with the defective A-2. Thank you DJI.
2020-8-12
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

DQuadCon Posted at 8-11 02:46
Hi Good day, I am encountering this error as well. Almost every time I turn on the aircraft when its warm or hot to the touch. It goes away immediately once the fan kicks in. Any suggestions?

Well, with my original Air 2 purchased, the fan never came on at all, and it would shut down within 7 minutes. DJI replaced that one. The replacement works great, although I do find that they run a little hot on average. Of course, being in Florida in the summer does not help. In fact, I have hardly been flying mine since it gets close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit daily. Some people have complained of their batteries swelling, I have not had that problem. You are actually getting that error message, before the fan kicks on? As long as that fan is kicking on, I think you should be ok, but I have never got that message with my replacement drone, even when it felt a bit warm. Check out some of the youtube videos, there should be some reviews about it.
2020-8-12
Use props
whatchasay
lvl.2
United States

@binknow

Did you really have to send the whole fly more combo back, batteries, accessories, and all? And what you received back was a retail fly more combo? I've heard so many people say they only request to send the drone itself with no extras.
2020-10-14
Use props
BinkNow Aerial
lvl.2
United States

whatchasay Posted at 10-14 18:27
@binknow

Did you really have to send the whole fly more combo back, batteries, accessories, and all? And what you received back was a retail fly more combo? I've heard so many people say they only request to send the drone itself with no extras.

I sent the whole package back and got a whole new fly more combo.
2020-10-18
Use props
mfinnigan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5709 ft
United States

just 3 month into i have same issue...
2021-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules