Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbehzadpix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2126677 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys!

Yesterday, I tried to replace four props due to some scratches on them but the thing is the props were only moving freely when the screws are not firmly tightened! So, I had to slightly unscrew them to fix this problem!
Now, I am a little concern if there is a problem during my upcoming flights since they are not firmly screwed!
Please instruct me what to do!
2020-5-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Did you use original propeller blades and accompanying screws ?

What I'd do is send them back or sand them down (coupling) to size... but that's me.
2020-5-23
Use props
mbehzadpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 5-23 23:01
Did you use original propeller blades and accompanying screws ?

What I'd do is send them back or sand them down (coupling) to size... but that's me.

Yes! Original Props and Screws
2020-5-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I'd say send them back but I can also understand if you wanna fly.

I suggest you open a ticket with DJI anyway, so that you can at least tell them about this non-conformity.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mbehzadpix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. If you are going to change the propellers of the DJI Mavic Mini. It would be best to use the new screws to mount them back to the drone. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see the said matter. In addition I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to replace the said propellers. Thank you.

2020-6-3
Use props
mbehzadpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 00:13
Hello there mbehzadpix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. If you are going to change the propellers of the DJI Mavic Mini. It would be best to use the new screws to mount them back to the drone. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see the said matter. In addition I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to replace the said propellers. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SA4pye4E90

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your reply! Actually, I fixed the issue by screw and unscrew couple of time till it s firmly tightened.

Thanks
2020-6-3
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think there is something rather wrong if the screws suppied with the blades pinch those blades to the motors. Are you sure you fitted them correctly in the first place? I wouldn't tighten and loosen the screws unnecessarily as that might, at a guess, lessen the screw lock's affect. I presume that the latter is why DJI supply new screws with the blades. Fitting those tiny screws scares the beep beep out of me.
2020-6-3
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

I don't think they pinched. The first time I changed props it was the same thing. They felt tight, but they weren't all the way in. You just have to get used to how much torque to apply to get past the Loctite but not too much (you don't want to strip them).
2020-6-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Props screws are supposed to go all the way in and be tightened until you cannot turn them anymore (under limited torque, of course, as they are small). Thread-locker is only there as an extra safety, to prevent them from getting loose. DJI tells you that all props should rotate freely around the screws, to the point that if you put the AC vertical, props should all move and point downward... I think a bit of friction won't be a problem, they will straighten out anyways when spinning at thousands of RPMs.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mbehzadpix Posted at 6-3 03:01
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your reply! Actually, I fixed the issue by screw and unscrew couple of time till it s firmly tightened.

Hi there mbehzadpix. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that you were able to fix the said issue. If you have any other issues or concerns with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-6-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I replaced a propeller today and had no problem to screw it up tight. I cought it for landing and snapped my index finger in one of the propeller, so one of the rear propeller was slightly dented in the center. I can confirm, no harm done by the propeller to my finger. It did not hurt much either, did not bleed, did not even bruise.  REally this thing is safe! I am used to catching the Spark and the rear propellers of the Mini are lower...did not think of that! lol!
2020-6-5
Use props
babychai
lvl.1

Malaysia

May i know what kind of instability if i did not change the props in pair?
is it the gimbal will not balance hence will caused the horizontal level will not balance?
2021-10-19
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

babychai Posted at 10-19 02:59
May i know what kind of instability if i did not change the props in pair?
is it the gimbal will not balance hence will caused the horizontal level will not balance?

Prop weight is slightly different and they pair ones with very close/identical weights in the factory. This reduces load and wear on the bearing of the motor. It also reduces vibration of the motor. It is like when you put one single heavy object in the washing machine it rocks a lot and some smart washing machines will not even let you wash unless you put in another object to balance the drum.
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules