Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

PART II here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid2169279
PART III here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D593%26typeid%3D593

!!! I have accidently hit post instead of save draft so I will continue this list in another thread and provide the link here. !!!

Following a recent thread about Osmo Pocket accessories, it inspired me to write my own thread about the accesories that I find most useful. I always find these kind of posts very helpful, because I almost always discover something new or maybe get a good idea.
So here is my list of the most usefull accessories I actually use. Many of these are versatile (as in I can use them with different devices other than the Osmo Pocket) or complement each other/enhancing each others function.

1. KIWI design Gimbal Camera Protector Cover for DJI Osmo Pocket

This is one of my favourite finds for the Osmo Pocket and I consider it an essential accesory. I never liked how exposed was the OP in my pockets and considered the original case a flawed design. Pockets can gather dust and sand particles witout you knowing it, and can affect the camera gimbal and scratch the lens if you are not careful. Storing other things like keys in the same pocket is not a problem any more. Being a full silicon design it can provide some drop protection and as an added bonus it makes the osmo pocket look like an eyeglasses holder, making it inconspicuous.

Pros:
+ high quality full silicon design that provides protection against drops and debris;
+ doesn't add to much bulk;
+ I like the fact that it uses (and effectively fixes) the original case;
+ it makes the osmo pocket look like an eyeglasses holder, making it inconspicuous;
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excelent (it's like 10 bucks on amazon);
+ it has 3 compartments where you can store extra sd cards or the phone adapter; you can also store filters but fingerprints are inevitable;
+ it has a hole that let's you store the osmo pocket with the phone adaptor on;
+ you can still use the lanyard if you want.

Cons:
- (nitpick) it can be pretty finicky to install and you need lots of patience. You can actually damage the part that connects to the original case if you are not careful.
- (nitpick) I would have personally traded the slick form for the possibility of somehow storing the Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel also.

2. Rode VideoMicro external mic.

Although the osmo pocket internal microphones are pretty good, sometimes you want some directionality or wind and noise handling protection to your sound.

Pros:
+ a very good/tried-and-true external microphone from a reputable brand;
+ versatile (can be used with other devices);
+ comes with a shock mount, virtually eliminating handling noise;
+ officially suported;
+ excelent build quality;
+ reasonable price;
+ comes with a deadcat.

Cons:
- deadcat is too big and presents a challange to mount the mic on the Osmo Pocket without getting it in the FOV;
- (nitpick) for the price, I wish it came with the microphone-to-phone cable for extra versatility, as they are (RODE) known for their pricey accessories.

PRO TIP: For extra stability and for avoding the microphone dangling in the shock mount, place the cable in one of the creases as shown in the picture.

3. Pgytech Osmo Pocket Phone Holder Set

Many other accessory brands have a somewhat similar design for this type of holder. Pgytech was one of the first ones to make it so I never actually found the need to try another brand. They have released an update on this kind of mount that is more compact, but the extra versatility that the detachable phone mount provides made me keep this one. It's function can be enhanced by using another accesory in this list (the FeiyuTech mini tripod).

Pros:
+ good build quality;
+ provides a secure connection with the OP;
+ provides a more comfotable handling when used with a mini tripod;
+ can be mounted on a traditional tripod.

Cons:
- a little bit on the pricey side considering that other brands like Ulanzi provide a similar accessory with the mini tripod included for a better price;
- (nitpick) a somewhat spartan design.

4. Ulanzi MT-09 Mini Extension Pole Tripod

This accessory is what the GoPro shorty should have been, at a fraction of the price. The design is great and practical, build quality is good, with rubberized grip and interlocking feet to keep it togheter. This should be in everyones accessory kit. I really aprecciate the fact that Ulanzi seems to take the path of Pgytech, of slowly making good designs/good build quality products without making the mistake of having a proprietary locking system (like Pgytech does).

Pros:
+ great design that fixes everything wrong with the GoPro shorty, including price;
+ rubberized grip/feet tips for extra grip;
+ interlocking feet;
+ versatile (can be used with other devices);
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excelent;
+ provides just the right amount of extra reach for vlogging with the osmo pocket.
+ provides a perfect combo for vlogging alongside the Ulanzi OP-7 Vlog Cage for the Osmo Pocket;

Cons:
- (nitpick) it doesn't have a twist-lock mechanism so in time it might not be able to hold the weight of whatever is mounted on top;

5. Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel

This is an official accessory made by DJI. It has excelent build quality and enhances the Osmo Pocket functionality with precise up-down/left-right gimbal movement. It also offers two buttons for quick change between gimbal modes. For those who find their official accessory/action mount useful, I recommend getting the expansion pack which also contains the WiFi module - another useful accessory on this list.

Pros:
+ offers precise up-down/left-right gimbal movement, most useful in panning and quickly adjusting the gimbal head in tilt locked mode;
+ offers two buttons for quick change between gimbal modes;
+ excelent build quality;

Cons:
- original case doesn't have a method of storing it;
- design seems like an aftertought;
- I would have liked to be able to change the exposure compensation using the wheel;
- the buttons should have the possibility of mapping different functions (like triggering the AF-S function).
- the price, to me, seems too high if you want to buy it alone. Buying the expansion pack helps a bit but not by much and only if you have use for the DJI Accessory/Action Mount.

DSC_6367.jpg
1-1.jpg
1-2.jpg
1-3.jpg
2-1.jpg
2-2.jpg
3-1.jpg
3-2.jpg
3-3.jpg
3-4.jpg
4-1.jpg
4-2.jpg
4-3.jpg
5-1.jpg
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great setup. This is what sets videographers apart.
2020-5-24
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Great post. Lots of useful info.
2020-5-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good post.
2020-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting post!
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there andrei193. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this wonderful post. You have an amazing DJI Osmo Pocket rig and accessories. Thank you for your support and two thumbs up.
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules