Question on DJI Fly Zones
592 3 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hello. I had something baffling happen today when trying to fly my Mavic Air 2. At a city park where I have flown my DJI drones (mostly Mavic Mini and a couple times with the Mavic Air 2) several times I always used to get an Enhanced Warning Zone prompt which allowed me to fly if I checked a box stating I was responsible for safe flight behavior. Today I got a Authorization Zone prompt which meant I couldn't take off since I don't have phone service or WIFI wasn't available there ( no way to get the unlock code). I was wondering why the DJI Flight Zone had changed since to my knowledge the DJI Fly Safe database hadn't changed since the last time I flew there. Does anyone know if DJI Flight zones can change day to day like what happened today or if now this city park is forever a DJI Authorization zone? Thank you for any insights.
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had it change on me once or twice in the past, then revert back.
2020-5-24
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-24 17:15
I've had it change on me once or twice in the past, then revert back.

I wonder if since today was Sunday and I noticed more than the usual amount of recreational plane activity in the area that is what caused the Authorization Zone prompt? During the weekdays at that location there is usually less activity than there was today.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Selah1234, sorry for the inconvenience caused, it is recommended to email to flysafe@dji.com with the flight time and the coordinate, our team will help check and verify.
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules