1241 16 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scottty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169902 ft
Germany

Hi,

the DJI Fly App is missing a lot of important features - just read the posts.
If I had known this before buying the MA2, I would have waited.

Maybe I was too naive to imagine that after all the Phantom and Mavic generations, DJI is launching a new $ 1000 drone that suddenly lacks many important features.
And if you read the forum posts, I'm not alone....

The MA2 has really good hardware features and many of them are cut off by the toy orientated fly app.

I have to say am really disappointed and ask you to at least announce the feature roadmap for the next Fly App and firmware versions.

2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be nice.
2020-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I ask you to at least announce the feature roadmap for the next Fly App and firmware versions.
Ask all you like .. but that's not how DJI works.
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just what are you missing, the Mavic Air cost €850 not $1000 , so the same price as Mavic Air 1. Now dji have said they would introduce Exp Sensitivity settings and gimbal control settings. So apart from that I’m not sure if they would add anything else and as Labroids said, dji will not issue a roadmap of features to come.
I suppose considering what extra features we got for same money we paid two years ago, we got pretty good value, extras like Ocysync, double battery time, hyperlapse, 48mp , Smart photo, 4k 60fps, led landing light, etc. for me I wouldn’t swap any of these for older features, and would consider any new features a very big bonus .
2020-5-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

actually it's not how anyone should work.  why would I tell the competitor what I am planning to do, how I will do it, and when I will do it?  what about the company confidential details do I announce those as well?  if I am late or I change my mind or if I am unable to deliver, will the public forgive me?  it's just not a wise thing to do and there's a place for targeted and specialized announcement that create demand, increase confidence, stir the imagination, and support and enhance the exiting features so it's a matter of getting that timing right instead of publishing a roadmap.  nobody does that.  maybe you are requesting some sort of leak?  lol
2020-5-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are the Canon of drones you can ask but expect very little information back over we'll pass it to our engineers. Hopefully some suggestions will be picked up some of which shouldn't have been missing like pitch speed for gimbal. Nothing like live beta testing is there Anyway I'm sure we'll see some improvements just like for the mini but for me in no particular order.

1. Gimbal pitch speed
2. Shadowed status line on the app for batt etc.
3. Some yaw expo would be nice
4. On screen white balance
5. On screen pic type (raw/jpg)
2020-5-25
Use props
Scottty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169902 ft
Germany

The Saint Posted at 5-25 06:43
actually it's not how anyone should work.  why would I tell the competitor what I am planning to do, how I will do it, and when I will do it?  what about the company confidential details do I announce those as well?  if I am late or I change my mind or if I am unable to deliver, will the public forgive me?  it's just not a wise thing to do and there's a place for targeted and specialized announcement that create demand, increase confidence, stir the imagination, and support and enhance the exiting features so it's a matter of getting that timing right instead of publishing a roadmap.  nobody does that.  maybe you are requesting some sort of leak?  lol

The features I'm missing are features which are already part of DJI Go4 like...
- Stick sensitivity, stick exp.
- gimbal speed setting
- manual photo settings like brightness
- Course lock
- in dji go 4 I allways checked compass and IMU values to get a feeling for possible interferences
- waypoints
For all those features the algorithms are already there, just not implemented in DJI fly.
Just this roadmap I'd like to know.
2020-5-25
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-25 06:43

Actually Microsoft have been doing this for O365 for ages
2020-5-25
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

it would be fantastic
2020-5-25
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree, it would be nice. and allow more people to buy with confidence...
2020-5-25
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

I don't expect any brand-new features but the features that MA1 has.
2020-5-25
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

If DJI would sit down and feel content they will be overrun by the competition. So hopefully they wont follow any advice in the context of that there should not be anymore features added because those already are in place for other more expensive products in their line.

A competitor will always implement more nad improved features to gain market shares and if those features aren't here the market will go towards anyone else drone manufacturer.

That is how the free market have been working since the day it was born. That is why you buy most electronics from a Japanese or China based company and not from USA or EU, sorry but a better copy wins.

A roadmap will not make the competition better it will make DJI customers stay loyal to DJI.  Eventually the customer base will follow next hot drone in the market. C'mon look at the downfall of Nokia they sat pleased and stopped inventing and rereleased phones with at that time zero invention. Ericsson as well they had that smartphone didnt they. Still iPhone stole the smartphone market over a night. GoPro made a hell of a job and now they are just one of many action camera manufacturers and DJI are taking shares from them as they improves from a (former) stale GoPro camera.

Olympus is another company that have a roadmap, https://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/development-announcements, those investing in a MFT system will see that there are a feature.

Argue for more features instead of the opposite. A good and loyal customer does exactly that, they will go their chosen product and want more but eventually if they see a competitor have those features there is where their money will be spent the next time.  

Don't take it at heart and see those or these demands as a negative thing or critique towards DJI, it is contraproductive, if there are enough of demand there is a bigger chance for things to be implemented.
2020-5-25
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Numeric adjustment of distance and height limits, as in type in the numbers, the drag method is far to coarse
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi
I just saw this article online concerning the new updates.
Check it out

Cult of Drone/Mavic Air 2 Big Updates In Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings And More!
2020-5-30
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

I think the controller should have a beer holder. : )
2020-5-30
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 5-30 20:53
I think the controller should have a beer holder. : )

or at least voice commands..
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Scottty. I am sorry to know about how you feel and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information or announcement with the future feature roadmap for the next DJI Fly application and firmware updates. Kindly please visit our official DJI website ( www.dji.com ) for the most recent updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and updates for DJI. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules