Batteries will only slow charge
4039 12 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BerryCopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7989 ft
United Kingdom

Good afternoon, new to this forum, but really hoping somebody can help me.

I've had my Mavic Mini (combo) since January and have had no problems whatsover until the other day.  

Randomly the batteries have decided to only slow charge, I've tried them in the hub, one at a time, two at a time, all three at once and also from within the drone itself and they will not charge at all with my DJI provided cables, despite working previously.

I can get them to slow charge using another cable, but for 20 minutes flight time, it hardly seems worth the slow charge time.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?  Did you manage to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
2020-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Slow charge ? What charger are you using? The standard 5v 1.5A will slow charge, the QC3 charges fast.
2020-5-25
Use props
BerryCopter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 5-25 10:55
Slow charge ? What charger are you using? The standard 5v 1.5A will slow charge, the QC3 charges fast.

Thanks for the response, when I use a QC3 charger it will not charge at all.

It used to, until a couple of days ago - there are no issues with the charger or cable, I've tested them.
2020-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

BerryCopter Posted at 5-25 10:57
Thanks for the response, when I use a QC3 charger it will not charge at all.

It used to, until a couple of days ago - there are no issues with the charger or cable, I've tested them.

Wierd, you say you have tested the charger, are you saying it doesnt even attempt to charge the batteries, but its happy to charge a mobile phone etc, maybe as the charger/quad are QC3 compliant they arent seeing the charger as valid.
2020-5-25
Use props
BerryCopter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Below is a photo of the power supply I'm using, I've also put together a short video to show my issue.

First part is on slow charge, next is when I plug in the fast charger.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rf91SdnueUry74azGKUBRkPdSf5hMzk6
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

That is no charge... pixies aren't flowing. I'd say try a different USB (thick and short quality) cable or a different USB charger.
2020-5-25
Use props
BerryCopter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 5-25 11:59
That is no charge... pixies aren't flowing. I'd say try a different USB (thick and short quality) cable or a different USB charger.

Tried all of that unfortunately and no joy - driving me bananas!
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Maybe faulty... does it manage to charge a regular mobile phone (5V) ?

Tbh I even ignore the technology behind QC or PD... if they somehow interoperate. Anyway... since the battery holder can work with 5V and that's the basic output you get from the PSU before a higher voltage is negotiated somehow I think we're missing the contact here.
2020-5-25
Use props
BerryCopter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 5-25 13:07
Maybe faulty... does it manage to charge a regular mobile phone (5V) ?

Tbh I even ignore the technology behind QC or PD... if they somehow interoperate. Anyway... since the battery holder can work with 5V and that's the basic output you get from the PSU before a higher voltage is negotiated somehow I think we're missing the contact here.

Yeah it fast charges a phone with no issues at all.

I'm not sure it's the hub that's faulty, as I have the same issues if I try to charge a battery in the drone itself - wondering if it's some fault that's affecting all my batteries.

Very odd problem...
2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that the charger must be faulty.
2020-5-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Have You tried stock adapter? Battery regulates input power, so if the adapter is "overpowered", battery accepts compatible (safe) input power only. You can try other power adapter, I would suggest the stock one first.
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BerryCopter. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue in charging your DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent Flight Battery. Can you please try using a different charger to see if it will fix the said issue. For reference I will be posting the specification of the recommended charger for the said drone. Thank you.

2020-5-29
Use props
fans5bb87d54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176509 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have perfect and cheapest solution for fast charge DJI Avata and Mini 3 Pro! Buy any 100w car charger and use original short USB C to USB C cable from pack of DJI Avata or Mini 3 Pro.
Problem solved! Now you can fast charge your drone
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules