Mavic Controller Stick Error (fixing Joystick)
1222 5 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edwiiiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562963 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Mavic 2 Controller

Mavic 2 Controller

So the problem started with controller beeping (stick error). I did everything (restart, calibrate etc...)
Nothing helped, I decided to open it up and check if any visible problems inside. It turns out, the left joystic cable (white) was cut and also the black connector on the main board broken. No idea how, never opened before. I'm trying to find the exact same connector (very small black 4pin connector on the main board)  and a joystic cable and to resolder it. Any ideas how this connector is called and maybe where I can find it ? I've been looking for jst connectors, but they are all bigger than this. Any help would be highly apreciated. Any other ideas how to fix this ?

Thanks

Ed
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ed, we are sorry to know the RC is not performed as expected, it is not recommended to repair the device by yourself, firstly, the spare parts are not for sale on DJI website, then the improper repair could cause more issues. Please send back the RC to DJI repair center for assistance or find the nearest recommended repair center: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers We appreciate your understanding.
2020-5-25
Use props
edwiiiz
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-25 19:49
Hi Ed, we are sorry to know the RC is not performed as expected, it is not recommended to repair the device by yourself, firstly, the spare parts are not for sale on DJI website, then the improper repair could cause more issues. Please send back the RC to DJI repair center for assistance or find the nearest recommended repair center: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for reply Mindy,

Repair center told me that they need to replace the board. Also they are not giving me the price, unless I send it to them and if I reject the price they will charge me. I already told them what's wrong and sent pictures. I think it's a total waste. it's only a tiny connector that needs to be fixed and the whole board is ok. Also sending this to DJI would take forever and probably cheaper just to buy a new one.
If you can provide any information here that would be a huge help.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

edwiiiz Posted at 5-26 00:42
Thanks for reply Mindy,

Repair center told me that they need to replace the board. Also they are not giving me the price, unless I send it to them and if I reject the price they will charge me. I already told them what's wrong and sent pictures. I think it's a total waste. it's only a tiny connector that needs to be fixed and the whole board is ok. Also sending this to DJI would take forever and probably cheaper just to buy a new one.

I wish I could give you some more information about the repair, but we don't have this information because we do not recommend customers to repair by themselves. We hope the issue will get solved soon.
2020-5-26
Use props
edwiiiz
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 03:31
I wish I could give you some more information about the repair, but we don't have this information because we do not recommend customers to repair by themselves. We hope the issue will get solved soon.

It is impossible to get hold of them.  I've tried so many ways. Online form for repairs doesn't work in UAE.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

edwiiiz Posted at 5-26 04:40
It is impossible to get hold of them.  I've tried so many ways. Online form for repairs doesn't work in UAE.

The device in UAE will need to be sent back to China for the repair service, if you would love to, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and our team will guide you to send in.
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules