Mavic Air still worth it in 2020
1542 9 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 1 goes for $500 refurbished. Is this still worth it in 2020?
2020-5-27
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

depends who refurbs and to what extent of refurb is done. it is hard to gauge the wearing of parts
2020-5-27
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

there are outlets worldwide who stocked up air1 and now challenged by air2 and mini
2020-5-27
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

ChrisLoon Posted at 5-27 13:53
there are outlets worldwide who stocked up air1 and now challenged by air2 and mini

So they can go low ball over dji's price. Consider moth balled aircraft though, parts new will age and oxidize. If you've ever opened an air1 you'd see the internals. They are not surgically clean at factory mass production lines contracted, includes parts. Main boards may be missing conformal coating thus exposing the atmospheric elements. Makes you wonder about longevity. But yet there are discrete ways of enhancing beyond what mere factory QC produces. This is called perfecting & fine tuning by careful selection of matched parts and aligning. And lowering total mass is yet even greater improve. Certain parts are dense, heavy, like machined metal. The original framework of air1 was touted as alloy magnesium wasn't it? Better is composite flyweight equivalent. If not mistaken the replacement exoskeleton framework pieces are composite plastic.
2020-5-27
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
United States

ChrisLoon Posted at 5-27 13:50
depends who refurbs and to what extent of refurb is done. it is hard to gauge the wearing of parts

It is refurbished by DJI
2020-5-27
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
United States

ChrisLoon Posted at 5-27 13:53

Yes, they may offer discounts
2020-5-27
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
United States

ChrisLoon Posted at 5-27 14:05
So they can go low ball over dji's price. Consider moth balled aircraft though, parts new will age and oxidize. If you've ever opened an air1 you'd see the internals. They are not surgically clean at factory mass production lines contracted, includes parts. Main boards may be missing conformal coating thus exposing the atmospheric elements. Makes you wonder about longevity. But yet there are discrete ways of enhancing beyond what mere factory QC produces. This is called perfecting & fine tuning by careful selection of matched parts and aligning. And lowering total mass is yet even greater improve. Certain parts are dense, heavy, like machined metal. The original framework of air1 was touted as alloy magnesium wasn't it? Better is composite flyweight equivalent. If not mistaken the replacement exoskeleton framework pieces are composite plastic.

I see, thanks!
2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Refurbs don't appear under your avatar on the forum.
2020-5-28
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 01:12
Refurbs don't appear under your avatar on the forum.

Yes, I do not have any
2020-5-28
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

NatureDigital Posted at 5-27 15:01
It is refurbished by DJI

refurbishment dji product must pass qa & qc.

i do not know if that quality screening check is the same trustworthiness as brand new quality parts changed out by non dji repairists who actually know what they are doing on their labor cost.

i was informed drone serial gives away if it is refurbished. it has something to do with an "R" in the serial.

at 500 cost though it is too expensive. i stumbled recently on arctic white mavic air aircraft alone sale at seventy dollars, never activated, so i bought one and like a moron i did not buy any extra before sell out.

the rc will never fly away but the drone might. so spare aircraft is prudent.

i am wishing ma is not abandoned like how microsoft abandons their version expiring sales.
2020-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules