478 5 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctickle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117297 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Had my Mavic Air 2 for just over a week now and absolutely love it. It truly is an amazing consumer drone.

I have a couple of questions that can probably be answered with ease for some of you more experienced drone users.

1. How long will my Mavic Air 2 batteries last? I have got the fly more and got 3 batteries. I want to know how long they will last in terms of long-life usage and what can I do to ensure my batteries live out to their max potential?

2. How long will props last in normal usage situations and how should I know when to change them, what are the signs etc.

Many thanks!

Connor
2020-5-27
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I would think that each battery will be good for at least 100 cycles if you take care of them. I would number the batteries and rotate them so they get even wear. Don't charge the batteries immediately after completing a flight, and don't fly immediately after charging the batteries -- let them cool down. Don't run the batteries down completely, I would try to land by the time you hit 10% remaining capacity.

My flights have all been around 10 minutes, so I usually just store the batteries at that charge level. The batteries will discharge themselves automatically to a storage level if you don't fly with them within a few days, which helps prolong their life but also requires you to charge them before each flight if you fly infrequently.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_7NzzfhTMdIoN
New

Israel

hi im from israel i was about to buy mavic air 2 but it is only available to usa region! how to and from where to buy it?!
2020-5-29
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_7NzzfhTMdIoN Posted at 5-29 08:46
hi im from israel i was about to buy mavic air 2 but it is only available to usa region! how to and from where to buy it?!

Hi You may have to buy it from B& H photo ( bhphoto.com) or even Amazon here in the USA. ( amazon.com)
They both ship internationally. Good luck!
2020-5-29
Use props
DBlue420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2458507 ft
Canada

MisterFrag Posted at 5-27 16:25
I would think that each battery will be good for at least 100 cycles if you take care of them. I would number the batteries and rotate them so they get even wear. Don't charge the batteries immediately after completing a flight, and don't fly immediately after charging the batteries -- let them cool down. Don't run the batteries down completely, I would try to land by the time you hit 10% remaining capacity.

My flights have all been around 10 minutes, so I usually just store the batteries at that charge level. The batteries will discharge themselves automatically to a storage level if you don't fly with them within a few days, which helps prolong their life but also requires you to charge them before each flight if you fly infrequently.

There a notice on page 7 of the manual "which everyone has read?" that came with the drone says its rated for 200 cycles
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Connor. Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. With regards to the inquiry above. I will post a list on how to properly take care of your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery for it to last. In addition, I will post a link where in you can see the DJI Mavic Air 2 Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_eu.pdf ). Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules