510 4 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Hi,

i just tried recording 4K HDR with the Mavic Air 2 and the result is insane! Very beautiful picture and no more blown out parts in the video. However the shutter speed changes drastically while recording. Is it possible to use manual controls while using HDR or is this technically impossible? I'm not an expert.
2020-5-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

how do you know the SS changes? Did you check the subtitles? If so, what else is changing to account for the drastic change in SS?
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Germany

Yes I checked the subtitles. The changing shutter speed is due to a change in lightning conditions. Overall the shutter speed was way to high, which can be easily be fixed with ND Filters.  But I don't want the SS to change mid flight. I'm not sure if this is a problem with how HDR works, again I'm not an expert on how this stuff works. I'm just used to set my SS to 1/50 while recording in 24 fps and use my ND filters accordingly.

With HDR this seems not to be possible.
2020-5-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

ah, ok, got it. Yes, it seems like with HDR you can't even lock the exposure so I imagine manual settings are out of the question for the time being... I would also like to know if it's a technical limitation or just a feature that DJI hasn't gotten around to yet
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Germany

Ok, for the time being I will just use Normal Mode to find the proper ND Filter and then change to HDR. Obviously this is not a perfect solution, but it will at least get the shutter speed close to 1/50.
2020-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules