New Inspire 1 /wrong USB to lightning wire
1131 4 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
musicisme
lvl.1

United States

I just received my new Inspire 1. I proceeded with the set-up and found that the hook up for the controller to my new  Ipad 2 does not fit the Ipad lightning connection. The USB connection on the controller is fine. However I am using the USB to lightning wire that came with the Ipad 2. It seems to work for the preliminaries in the house. Also I charged both the battery and the controller. The battery finished and the lights went out. The controller's lights are still indicating it's charging. It's been about 5 hours now. Whew. Any ideas.
2015-6-16
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Musicisme,

You are correct - the USB cables provided with the Inspire 1 do not work with an iPad or iPhone.  You must supply your own USB-to-Lightning cable.  You may want to order a certified for Apple devices 12-inch cable from one of several vendors on EBay to eliminate extra cord length hanging between your Remote Control and the IPad.  The Remote Control can take up to 8 hours to fully charge.  However, once fully-charged, the Remote Control battery is good for 6-8 flights lasting 15-18 minutes.  So, it will last you for a long outing of flying your Inspire.  
2015-6-16
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The cable supplied with the Inspire is for Android devices.  For whatever reason they chose not to also supply a Lightning cable.  We're all using third-party cables.
2015-6-17
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Mate, same issue we all faced.  It's bloody Android cables!  No idea why DJI would at least not supply one of each, or drop the price by $15, and just remove them all together!
2015-6-17
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Or one of theee ...

http://store.apple.com/se/produc ... l-mikro-usb-adapter
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules