Testing the mini in yorkshire ( No Working Compass )
1248 23 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Media removed

2020-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flying.
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cheers mate just wish i could get the bloody compass working
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just downgraded the firmware on the mini to .400 hopefully when i go out later i get the compass back
2020-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice flying.  Sorry you are having compass issues since the update.
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video!  

I am used now to fly black using the map view, just turn your craft on the 'home-line' and you know its flying back to you.  For this you do not need a working mobile device compass, so if the aircaft orientation does not work properly or just being red....

cheers
JJB
2020-5-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am on latest firmware but the app is still version 1.0.8, Android 10 (Q) on a Samsung S9+.

I more usually get position mismatch, the orientation is pretty much right (upon device calibration  AFTER attached to RC) while the AC is several degrees off the indicated position on the bottom half moon disc, but somehow reported accurately on the map, which makes very little sense to me.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-29 01:16
Cheers mate just wish i could get the bloody compass working

Its my pleasure.     Hope you get it working.  
2020-5-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

So happy to get these free tours courtesy of all the Mavic Minis scattered around the world... this one was good
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you very much gentlemen for your kind words ! Didnt manage to get out this afternoon! even though the weather was nice here in the uk the wind started to pick up after lunch so will maybe try again tommorow! Fingers crossed i can get the compass and the system to work together so i can fly safer flights
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-29 04:31
Great video!  

I am used now to fly black using the map view, just turn your craft on the 'home-line' and you know its flying back to you.  For this you do not need a working mobile device compass, so if the aircaft orientation does not work properly or just being red....

Yers i totally agree jjb not needing a device with a compass it still doesnt detract from the fact it should be working but it isnt! whilst i get the drone flying as it should im undertaking flights that i have good knowledge of the area !

im summising that there hasnt been an official line from dji as ive seen other members with the same issue! Thoughts?
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-29 12:23
Yers i totally agree jjb not needing a device with a compass it still doesnt detract from the fact it should be working but it isnt! whilst i get the drone flying as it should im undertaking flights that i have good knowledge of the area !

im summising that there hasnt been an official line from dji as ive seen other members with the same issue! Thoughts?

ofcourse it should work! Plus it is a nice feature of the app to see in the main screen where your drone is flying.

What i do not understand is the fact that for some FlyApp users it does work and for others not.

So imo the app is oke, combination mobile device<>app not always

cheers
JJB
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-29 23:49
ofcourse it should work! Plus it is a nice feature of the app to see in the main screen where your drone is flying.

What i do not understand is the fact that for some FlyApp users it does work and for others not.

Maybe because end users have many different devices that run the software perhaps? Im still to fly with the downgraded software so hopefully the compass part of t he software will re-appear.

We have a lovely sunny day here in yorkshire UK so maybe later this afternoon i will get out for a walk and take the mini in my backpack
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-29 23:53
Maybe because end users have many different devices that run the software perhaps? Im still to fly with the downgraded software so hopefully the compass part of t he software will re-appear.

We have a lovely sunny day here in yorkshire UK so maybe later this afternoon i will get out for a walk and take the mini in my backpack

same weather here, but wish i was in the uk    been many time in the midlands and wow  what a lovely places there. (ok, have to admit she was nice too  ;-)  )
With a drone is even better to be there.

cheers
JJB
2020-5-29
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

media removed
2020-5-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 5-29 23:49

Maybe the compass position in mobile device? To be honnest I care more of AC's compass and it's heading in map. The red "go home" line in map works too but the indicator down in the middle of the screen is confused very often. I checked compass accuracy when phone is plugged in to remote, it sais low accuracy but direction is correct.
2020-5-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-30 00:11
This is my normal places to walk up in the peak district uk ! 20 miniutes from my house

great videos   have to go there once on my bike for short holiday!
2020-5-30
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I don't know however one might call them, but I am quite curious about those crop shapes in the Derwent Edge... wondering what those are and why they're there.
2020-5-30
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 5-30 09:55
I don't know however one might call them, but I am quite curious about those crop shapes in the Derwent Edge... wondering what those are and why they're there.

Thats a great question my good friend but one i cant answer for you ! Not really sure about the shapes ! most of that land is heather and scrubland! not used for growing more for grazing sheep i think
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Very nice view! Great flying skills. Thank you for sharing this with us. Cheers!
2020-5-30
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Yeap @mockingbird, tnx for the tip, I believe if we dug a little bit deeper we could have discovered.... probably a century worht of traditional grazing and pasture land... it's a amazing how little of this earth hasn't been trampled upon at least once by man.
2020-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot.
You might want to get some variations in your video.
2020-6-2
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-2 01:16
Nice shot.
You might want to get some variations in your video.

i had 60 minutes of footage of the original video!

i have plenty of variations but was only testing!

my real flying will come later this year !

so again reitterate the original video was just a for fun and was testing the responsiveness wasnt there to make fancy manouvres just to point that out!

The original video was completely original and have not filmed any of those sequences before!

Can you expand on variations ?

2020-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-2 13:36
i had 60 minutes of footage of the original video!

i have plenty of variations but was only testing!

I see, just a test
Forget my remark on variations then.
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules